Moparts

will this cam work with stock pushrods and rockers?

Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

will this cam work with stock pushrods and rockers? - 02/10/11 03:17 AM

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-K21-600-5/

Going in a standard bore 413. Dont really have the funds to upgrade to roller rockers and related hardware.
Will this work with stock equipment?

Thanks!
Posted By: goldmember

Re: will this cam work with stock pushrods and rockers? - 02/10/11 03:19 AM

You will need matching valve springs,you don't need roller rockers.
Posted By: orangedustya

Re: will this cam work with stock pushrods and rockers? - 02/10/11 03:23 AM

Stock pushrods and rockers will be just fine, but as said in earlier post make sure valve springs are upgraded. Looks like that kit had those in it.
Brad
Posted By: therocks

Re: will this cam work with stock pushrods and rockers? - 02/10/11 02:35 PM

I ran pretty much the same cam in a 440.As long as your rockers are in good shape they will be fine.Just remember in early BBs the push rods need changed as they wont work with later lifters.Summit has the rods .My kid has a set in his 62 413.Rocky
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: will this cam work with stock pushrods and rockers? - 02/10/11 02:38 PM

Quote:

You will need matching valve springs,you don't need roller rockers.

this link was for anentire cam kit including springs so he should be fine.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: will this cam work with stock pushrods and rockers? - 02/11/11 02:38 AM

Quote:

I ran pretty much the same cam in a 440.As long as your rockers are in good shape they will be fine.Just remember in early BBs the push rods need changed as they wont work with later lifters.Summit has the rods .My kid has a set in his 62 413.Rocky

It's a '65 engine. Does it have the early pushrods? I'm assuming to just ask for pushrods for an rb engine?

Thanks everyone.

I'm REALLY trying to get this car to Carlisle. All thats left is the drivetrain, body and paint, interior, and suspension.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: will this cam work with stock pushrods and rockers? - 02/11/11 01:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's a '65 engine. Does it have the early pushrods? I'm assuming to just ask for pushrods for an rb engine?

Thanks everyone.

I'm REALLY trying to get this car to Carlisle. All thats left is the drivetrain, body and paint, interior, and suspension.

if it's a 65 engine and nobodys been inside it... you will need new push-rods. really not a big deal. Summit has them for under $40
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: will this cam work with stock pushrods and rockers? - 02/12/11 03:56 AM

On the need for newer pushrods.

I run the Lunati Voodoo 60303 cam with stock pushrods/rockers and that cam is 226/234 @ 050 and 494/512 lift.
© 2024 Moparts Forums