Moparts

e-body power to manual steering

Posted By: boomerodell

e-body power to manual steering - 02/06/11 11:30 PM

Want to change to manual steering on my challenger. Haven't had much luck finding a replacement manual steering box for a 70 challenger at my local parts stores. Looked at the flaming river stuff and it's too much damn money. Any company reman these things or what years will fit from other cars, etc? I will need the adapter, anything else? Thanks Chris.
Posted By: FC7 cuda

Re: e-body power to manual steering - 02/06/11 11:34 PM

I have a manual steering box with the pitman arm out of a cuda for sale
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: e-body power to manual steering - 02/07/11 12:52 AM

Check the parts for sale sections here for an A/E body manual box. but a 20 or maybe even a 16:1 if suitable for your app will be better than the 24:1 stock ratio which is over 5 turns lock to lock
Posted By: boomerodell

Re: e-body power to manual steering - 02/08/11 01:50 AM

I was hoping to buy a reman one that could be put in and not worry about. Was looking at firm feel's site and they have a few different options. I'm going to look into that. Thanks.
Posted By: fig426

Re: e-body power to manual steering - 02/08/11 02:44 AM

Is there anything that needs to be done to the column to swap a power to a manual box?
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: e-body power to manual steering - 02/08/11 03:02 AM

The power box is longer and needs an adapter. Firm Feel sells one as does Flaming River.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: e-body power to manual steering - 07/01/13 05:45 PM

I used an adapter I believe came on vans, I did have to change to the manual coupler also. I paid 50 shipped, beats 200 plus for a column or 100ish for the adapters places sell.

May want to check rockauto.com for the box.
© 2024 Moparts Forums