Moparts

Such thing as a factory drivers swivel seat - Caravan

Posted By: Belvedere1

Such thing as a factory drivers swivel seat - Caravan - 02/01/11 09:17 PM

For a minivan. Was hoping there was a factory drivers seat that will work in a 2000 Caravan. If not, then something to make a swivel set up using the stock seat, must be for drivers side only.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Such thing as a factory drivers swivel seat - Caravan - 02/02/11 02:02 AM

To make getting in and out easier? If so, is it a matter of being able to 'turn'?

My Mom found something similar to this: linky . The one she found is thinner. Often times she gives rides to her friends who are older than she is, and they just don't have the leg strength needed to turn themselves in the seat. This thing makes it MUCH easier for them without having to resort to custom seats. Saves on wear and tear too.

Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: Such thing as a factory drivers swivel seat - Caravan - 02/02/11 02:07 AM

The link above is probably as close as you'll get... unless you get swivel seats from an early 60's Fury (I think some GM's had them also).

Re: Such thing as a factory drivers swivel seat - Caravan - 02/02/11 02:14 AM

its an access thing for my Dad who is in a wheelchair. he goes through sliding door on the side and if the drivers seat could turn clockwise to say roughly 4 o'clock it would make things way easier. i dont recall chrysler ever having a swivel seat for the front so just looking for options. thanks.
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: Such thing as a factory drivers swivel seat - Caravan - 02/02/11 02:18 AM

someone who is familiar with handicap vehicle conversions may be able to help with an aftermarket seat. Maybe not here on Moparts, but then again the knowledge base here is pretty big
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Such thing as a factory drivers swivel seat - Caravan - 02/02/11 02:22 AM

RV or custom van places may have a seat swivel. I have seen them on camper style vans with captains chairs. Maybe you could adapt this to work. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Springfie...=item4aa748cabc
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Such thing as a factory drivers swivel seat - Caravan - 02/02/11 02:39 AM

Another Ebay choice. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Swivel-Se...sQ5fAccessories

Re: Such thing as a factory drivers swivel seat - Caravan - 02/02/11 03:00 AM

i'll show him these options and see what he thinks, thanks everyone.
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: Such thing as a factory drivers swivel seat - Caravan - 02/02/11 10:50 PM

Lots of full size conversion vans, as Stumpy mentioned, had swivel bases. These were on a '78 Plymouth Voyager Maxiwagon:

© 2024 Moparts Forums