Moparts

Weld in sub frame connectors, best source?

Posted By: RTDaddy

Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 01/31/11 02:40 AM

I think it was posted the US car Tool weld in connectors were the best. Wher's the beset place to get them? Thanks all.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 01/31/11 03:24 AM

Try Mancicni racing. Thats were I got mine.
Posted By: DennisH

Re: Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 01/31/11 06:31 AM

USCartool is a MOPARTS sponsor. Click on the page. They fit well and made a huge improvement in overall ride. Feels more like a modern car on washboard streets.
Posted By: elitecustombody

Re: Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 02/01/11 02:16 PM

Quote:

USCartool is a MOPARTS sponsor. Click on the page. They fit well and made a huge improvement in overall ride. Feels more like a modern car on washboard streets.

I agree, USCartool connectors, some minor trimming to fit snug up against the floor ,once welded,they look like factory
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 02/01/11 04:34 PM

Quote:

I agree, USCartool connectors, some minor trimming to fit snug up against the floor ,once welded,they look like factory

Factory specs allowed for up to 1/2 inch of wiggle room in panel placement from the factory, so there is going to be some trimming invovled. Not a fault of the product, but a fault of Chrysler Co.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 02/01/11 06:15 PM

Scott Harms is a distributor as well. Good Moparts member! Also, you can reduce trimming and fitting time a bit by using a rubber mallet to gently massage the floor down to close up some of the gaps between the connector and the floor. Don't get carried away or be lazy, but it does help with closing some of the gaps before welding. I welded two sets in so far from under the car and had to use reverse polarity and a stich weld technique to get a nice bead and keep the heat in control. I used a 50-year, paintable, black roof caulk to seal the entire weld, make it look pretty and seal it up prior to undercoating the area with Resto Rick's undercoating and a Shultz gun. It looks factory to the untrained person.

Attached picture 6450648-1970'Cuda-subframes031(Large).jpg

Re: Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 02/01/11 06:16 PM

The underside.

Attached picture 6450650-1970'Cuda-subframes021(Medium).jpg

Re: Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 02/01/11 06:19 PM

After finishing. They do look better in person.

Attached picture 6450657-UndercarrigeReassembly070(Large).jpg
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 02/01/11 06:20 PM

Quote:

After finishing.

Nice.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 02/02/11 01:26 AM

Very nice
Posted By: Darius

Re: Weld in sub frame connectors, best source? - 02/02/11 01:57 AM

Very nice work.

I used XV Motorsports connectors on my 70 GTX> They were a great fit and like the US Car Tool ones, required minimal grinding but went in well. here is a pic

Attached picture 6451701-frameConnectors007.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums