Moparts

426 hemi accessories question

Posted By: astjp2

426 hemi accessories question - 01/24/11 07:16 AM

Ok, I am new to Hemi's and I am building one from scratch. Will big block accessory brackest fit on a hemi? or are they hemi specific? I have seen where people have used 440 crank pulleys but not much about the rest of the accessories. Does someone make a serpentine belt swap that is not a billet aluminum and looks more original with just a pulley swap? Thanks Tim

Re: 426 hemi accessories question - 01/25/11 01:35 AM

BTT

Anyone?
Posted By: earlybee

Re: 426 hemi accessories question - 01/25/11 02:38 AM

http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/
Posted By: sthemi

Re: 426 hemi accessories question - 01/25/11 03:30 AM

Some of you questions depend on what parts you are using and how it is equipped.
The factory Hemi balancer is much thicker than normal big blocks and makes a special lower pulley necessary.
Add power steering and another variable.
If you use the new crate motor style balancer, standard big block pulleys will work.
Special brackets for the power steering, are not Hemi specific but still hard to find.
Alternator can use normal with Hemi brackets (got mine from mancini), water pump also uses normal non A/C pump with pulley diameter to match the lower one you use.
Posted By: Keith BlackĀ®

Re: 426 hemi accessories question - 01/25/11 09:33 AM

There's nothing available that isn't either "bling" or cumbersome (just my opinion).
I'm presently having a custom CNC setup make that integrates the timing cover with accessory mountings for mini-p/s pump (remote reservoir), mini-hi amp alternator, mini-a/c comp. I'm using a Meziere electric r/f waterpump so no drive for the water pump. The rest will run on tensioners and serpentine system. It will also mount an F2-ProCharger (reverse drive) with gilmer belt.
The system will have everything in very tight to the engine and all below the level of the water pump. Big task but the designer is digitising the engine compartment now and designing everything up using CAD software, we will then CNC out the brackets. Should look good. The idea is to make it look as OEM (haha) as possible.

will post pics when done.

Re: 426 hemi accessories question - 04/07/11 08:49 PM

Did you ever get any progress on your project? Tim

Quote:

There's nothing available that isn't either "bling" or cumbersome (just my opinion).
I'm presently having a custom CNC setup make that integrates the timing cover with accessory mountings for mini-p/s pump (remote reservoir), mini-hi amp alternator, mini-a/c comp. I'm using a Meziere electric r/f waterpump so no drive for the water pump. The rest will run on tensioners and serpentine system. It will also mount an F2-ProCharger (reverse drive) with gilmer belt.
The system will have everything in very tight to the engine and all below the level of the water pump. Big task but the designer is digitising the engine compartment now and designing everything up using CAD software, we will then CNC out the brackets. Should look good. The idea is to make it look as OEM (haha) as possible.

will post pics when done.

© 2024 Moparts Forums