Moparts

Need a Windage Tray

Posted By: larrymopar360

Need a Windage Tray - 01/21/11 09:02 PM

Installing my 360/300hp Mopar Performance crate motor is being held up because I cannot get my windage tray. Several people have told me the Mopar Performance one is the best piece to use (part #P4529790), but it is on backorder, and no hope to have it available anytime soon. Anyone know of an equally good, or better one? Tired of waiting, as is the mechanic who has my car occupying a bay.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/21/11 09:44 PM

Peruse the SB "parts for sale sections here. There's always one or two avail but you'd still be talking 3 4 5 days depending on how quick you could make arrangements w a seller
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/21/11 09:54 PM

pull it out of the 318 cop motor and tell your freind you will rplace it later

i still have mine in use with the oil cooler as well

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/22/11 12:54 AM

Quote:

pull it out of the 318 cop motor and tell your freind you will rplace it later

i still have mine in use with the oil cooler as well

Ya know, that crossed my mind today too. I think I will ask the mechanic to go ahead an do that. The guy who bought the motor isn't in a big rush, and he is gonna put seals in it anyway. thx.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/22/11 02:20 AM

well then,there you go

Attached picture 6431468-smallblockengine.jpg
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/22/11 03:20 PM

Well DC/MP recommended more louvres or equavelent methods of increasing the opening areas. This is in the Engine Book (old tech bulletins).
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/22/11 06:02 PM

there's one in the Moparts for sale "engines" section now. Doesn't say if it comes with bolts.

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/22/11 06:15 PM

Quote:

there's one in the Moparts for sale "engines" section now. Doesn't say if it comes with bolts.

I will check it out. Thx.
Posted By: pressureangle

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/23/11 06:29 PM

http://www.crank-scrapers.com/Chrysler.html
Posted By: finadk

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/24/11 03:33 PM

I like the idea of that crank scraper, but for me there are just too many small nuts bolts and brackets with that design that can come apart and destroy an engine.
Scott
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/25/11 03:40 AM

Just get a Milodon 32230...be much easier than all this...lol...
Posted By: Gavin

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/25/11 01:33 PM

Don't use it. On a BB, yes, on a SB no. Go with the crank scraper but the windage tray might actually cost you HP.
Posted By: ademon

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/25/11 06:37 PM

It only cost power on high, sustained rpm's unless its modified, On the street its a plus.

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/26/11 12:39 AM

I have had more than one unbiased person tell me the MP windage tray is better than the Milodon, and the one to use. This will be a street car only (daily driver), and I feel more comfortable going with something I know versus the scraper, for now anyway. Looks like I am going to pull the one out of my old Police 318 and use it. Probably will fork out the money for new hardware kit from ARP to install it.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/26/11 04:30 AM

Quote:

It only cost power on high, sustained rpm's unless its modified, On the street its a plus.

Is that proven? What sustained rpm #'s.

Is the milodon tray that much different than the stock one? It can be adjusted for different crank and the louvers are bigger.
Posted By: 360view

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/26/11 01:18 PM

someone looking to start a small business
should adapt the 5.7 Hemi gasket/windage tray design
for the older small block Chryslers

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techa...n/photo_14.html
Posted By: 360view

Re: Need a Windage Tray - 01/26/11 01:23 PM

windage tray dyno tests (but on Chevys)

http://www.circletrack.com/techarticles/ctrp_0603_oil_pan_design_windage_tech/test_results.html

note how using 7 quarts instead of 5 did away with most of the benefit
© 2024 Moparts Forums