Moparts

I need pics of the Coronet Superbird clone

Posted By: hotrod98

I need pics of the Coronet Superbird clone - 09/07/08 12:25 AM

I'm building a superbird clone and plan to use a cuda back glass and channel assembly for the back window conversion. The 69 Coronet that was converted into a superbird a while back used the cuda glass setup. If anyone has pics of the car from when it was on e-bay or otherwise, I would appreciate you sending them to me. I especially want any pics of the back window area so that I can see how this is going to look. I've been told that it will look good and will cost about $3000 less than going with the correct repro stuff.
If you happen to know who owns the car now, I would appreciate the new owner info. Here's one pic of the car, but it doesn't show the back window area.
Thanks

Attached picture 4668346-coronebird.jpg
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: I need pics of the Coronet Superbird clone - 09/07/08 12:55 AM

That was a Charger? that was converted into a Daytona. (missed the post so am guessing but Plymouth had the Superbird. A Roadrunner dirivative.
Posted By: momopar

Re: I need pics of the Coronet Superbird clone - 09/07/08 01:11 AM

Sure looks like a Coronet quarter to me. Besides the 70 Superbirds used 70 Coronet front fenders.

Re: I need pics of the Coronet Superbird clone - 09/07/08 01:51 AM

This one is a 69 coronet. Real Superbirds were built using 70 roadrunners with 70 coronet fenders and hood.
The back glass was the same on all 2 door b-bodies (except for chargers) from 68 to 70.
Daytonas were built using a 69 Charger R/T with 70 Charger type fenders and hoods. Actually, there were differences in the daytona hood and fenders, but basically the same sheet metal.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: I need pics of the Coronet Superbird clone - 09/07/08 02:10 AM

The car in question is a 68 coronet, turned into a "wingcar".....I think the post was around march 08....I just can't seem to access this "search engine" on moparts .......and no this is not a "DAYCLONA" project, or build,.....the owner seemed fit to call his creation "DAYCLONA".....if anybody has any pics to help Larry out.....Thanks!

Sorry Larry,....I'm a "puter" dummie!

Mike

Attached picture 4668598-dayclonaclone.jpg
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: I need pics of the Coronet Superbird clone - 09/07/08 02:17 AM

Larry,

You'll get a better response in the general section,.....more exposure,.....you should post there!

Mike

Attached picture 4668613-0000a.jpg

Re: I need pics of the Coronet Superbird clone - 09/07/08 04:51 AM

Mike, Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't pay enough attention when I posted this. Rene deleted all of the pics of this car from his computer so that was a dead end.
Rather than bother a moderator, I'll just duplicate the post in the General section.
Posted By: 7DRRunner

Re: I need pics of the Coronet Superbird clone - 02/05/09 04:51 PM

what's the progress on this project ?
© 2024 Moparts Forums