Moparts

Prothane K member isolators

Posted By: fast360

Prothane K member isolators - 01/15/11 12:21 AM

So i have been looking at rebuilding the suspension for my 73' Charger and i have had trouble finding anything for replacing the isolators. Are they not called isolators? i know of aluminum ones but i have been looking at urethane to replace the rotted rubber ones on my car now i have found these: Prothane Motion Control 4-101-BL on summit but they call them body mount bushings and i find that odd because chargers don't have body mount bushings. Can someone clarify this for me, is this what i'm looking for?
Posted By: Reggie

Re: Prothane K member isolators - 01/15/11 12:29 AM

I think they are referring to the same thing. Espo sells poly isolators and calls them "body mount kits".

http://www.springsnthings.com/chrysler-suspension-parts
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Prothane K member isolators - 01/15/11 12:35 AM

Energy suspension 5.4111 at the bottom of this page.

http://www.suspension.com/moparcar.htm

I have bought from him and he is a good guy. If you ever put strut bushings in it there are two sizes. The late ones are larger and not available in Urethane ASFAIK.

They are called K-Frame, Crossmember and often body mounts because it depends on if the guy who sells them is a Chevy Fork Or Mopar guy.
Posted By: 469runner

Re: Prothane K member isolators - 01/15/11 12:45 AM

I think you would like the aluminum ones better as they have zero deflection, and will last forever.
Posted By: fast360

Re: Prothane K member isolators - 01/15/11 03:21 AM

Thanks for the reply, I'm still considering the aluminum pieces who makes them?
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Prothane K member isolators - 01/15/11 03:47 AM

Aluminum do have 0 deflection but my poly's are 10 years old and have over 100K on them and still look like new.
Posted By: 469runner

Re: Prothane K member isolators - 01/15/11 04:52 AM

OK, check them out at www.SolidBushings.com I installed a set on my 1988 Diplomat cruiser and it made a huge difference in how the car felt. Much more solid feeling. I don't know if cornering was ultimately improved but I felt I had more control and more feedback in turns. It seemed the car wandered less too on just straight stretches. I also eliminated the rubber in the rear suspension.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Prothane K member isolators - 01/15/11 05:00 AM

Don't worry about the solid mounts giving the car a harsh ride. I installed a set in my wagon and the harshness was no worse than a '72 - older B-body. Where I noticed a HUGE difference was on bumpy/washboard roads. With the old rubber isolators, my wagon felt loose, and would dart about. With the solid mounts, on all but the worst washboard, the car now feels more solid and holds a line.

If your Charger is a small block, you probably won't feel as drastic a difference as you would in a factory big block car IMHO.

Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Prothane K member isolators - 01/16/11 10:24 PM

I also installed the aluminum ones on my '88 GF ex-police, and notice huge difference in higher speeds handling. Best upgrade I have made so far, by far.
© 2024 Moparts Forums