Moparts

Trunk floor install?

Posted By: 340swing

Trunk floor install? - 01/03/11 06:32 PM

What is the best way to install a one piece trunk floor. 1970 Cuda convertible. Do you have to take the quarter and the wheel houses out or can you get around the wheel house. I don't want to take the tail panel off if i don't have to. Any body with some experience good or bad would be a help.
Thanks Brian

Re: Trunk floor install? - 01/07/11 02:32 AM

anybody ever replace a trunk floor?
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: Trunk floor install? - 01/07/11 02:39 AM

i have never done a 1 piece, but if i'm not mistaken you have to take the tailight panel out, which to me is not worth it, i would just do the 2 piece, so what if you end up with a seam down the center that is really only visable from the top and you will have to pull back the trunk mat to see it, if you do a nice job welding the seam it will hardly be noticable, i have done them all this way. just my

Re: Trunk floor install? - 01/07/11 02:51 AM

Thanks for the reply. I have the one piece floor already. Both quarters have to be replaced. I thought with one off I would be able to get it in. But it's a convertible and all the brackets are welded to the top of the wheel houses. The tail panel looks like the best way but I really didn't want to take it off. I was hoping somebody had a trick or could tell me how they have done it.
Posted By: 68GTS383

Re: Trunk floor install? - 01/07/11 03:31 AM

I have installed the two piece trunk pan in a 70 GTX and it was pretty easy. I am in the process of installing a one piece in a 69 Charger. It is impossible to do with out removing the tail panel. The one piece pan is too long to go in thru a removed 1/4 panel.
Posted By: mopar4ya

Re: Trunk floor install? - 01/07/11 03:37 AM

I know guys have done the one piece in a hard top. I believe you have to bend a corner of the new pan. Maybe someone that has done this will chime in.

Dan.

Re: Trunk floor install? - 01/07/11 03:40 AM

Thats what the cuda looks like to. If I have to i will remove the tail panel. It seems like the only option at this time.
Posted By: 68GTS383

Re: Trunk floor install? - 01/07/11 04:09 AM

Have you considered splitting the trunk panel and welding a strip to over lap the split.This can be done on the underside. It is a lot of work to remove/replace a tail panel.Probably cheaper to sell the one piece and buy a two piece.Unless you are building a show car the two piece should be fine.Can't be seen with the trunk lid closed.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Trunk floor install? - 01/07/11 05:43 AM

I replaced mine in my 70 barracuda with a AMD 1 piece pan. I also had to replace the dutchman panel. It still needed to be wedged in to get it into the trunk. I have also heard of people removing the braces behind the reae seat to get the in.
© 2024 Moparts Forums