Moparts

68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis

Posted By: 67plymouthman

68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/24/10 12:10 AM

Has anyone put a 68-70 B body on a newer Charger chassis (wrecked). I think I read about it in Mopar Collectors Guide and someone did it w/a 68 Charger? I saw someone did it with a 68 GTO body putting it onto a new GTO on a TV show. I am thinking there are a lot of pros: motor, tranny, front suspension, driveshaft is already there. The rust in the floor pans do not need to be cut out and the gauges did not need to be rebuilt. If I remember right, the Charger in MCG, only real problems they had were firewall and trunk area. Has anyone else done one of these???
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/24/10 12:14 AM

There is a thread floating around somewhere here with a link to a guy who did one with a Charger Can't remember off hand where I saw the link though

I did a Camaro one, and it's the best of every world without a doubt and couldn't be happier with how it came out.
Posted By: Pool Fixer

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/24/10 01:29 AM

Uno:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,66189.200.html
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/24/10 01:37 AM

better, here http://mopar5150.com/68charger.html

used a Magnum SRT-8. very cool but no doubt requires a lot of skill.

Attached picture 6374393-68_SRT-09.jpg
Posted By: feets

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/24/10 04:32 PM

One of my club members is almost finished with his body swap. He's dropping a late 70s Magnum body on a Charger SRT-8 chassis.
The body is on and I think he's trying to get the little stuff finished now.

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/29/10 12:46 AM

I hope he posts some info on his car. Thanks
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/29/10 06:41 PM

I personally do not like how any of them have looked when done. The craftsmenship to do this is awesome but the whole offset, back spacing issue just does not look correct to me.

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/30/10 02:46 AM

Some look better than others.
Posted By: Pool Fixer

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/30/10 03:21 AM

Quote:

I personally do not like how any of them have looked when done. The craftsmenship to do this is awesome but the whole offset, back spacing issue just does not look correct to me.

for the most part yes.. but look at the pic and link that "mr yuck" posted That one has the right stance, wheels that give the illusion of neg offset and even has a dash that's partially custom so it doesn't look like showroom new charger dash. many other 2nd gen chargers on the newer platform do look "wrong" but not that one.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/30/10 07:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

for the most part yes.. but look at the pic and link that "mr yuck" posted That one has the right stance, wheels that give the illusion of neg offset and even has a dash that's partially custom so it doesn't look like showroom new charger dash. many other 2nd gen chargers on the newer platform do look "wrong" but not that one.

Nope, still don't like that one either. Mr Yuck's 70 on the other hand looks sweet.
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/30/10 08:54 PM

That one on Mopar5150 is amazing....

I just dont care for the low profile tires...Rims are fine.....but it needs more sidewall
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/30/10 09:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nope, still don't like that one either. Mr Yuck's 70 on the other hand looks sweet.

Thanks, the rears on mine are 16x9 I think the sidewalls on the silver car are just a little short. If he had more meat they'd look better.

Attached picture 6386498-003a.jpg

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/31/10 07:27 PM

Mopar5150 is amazing and John is a real nice guy. He added 2 inches to his fenders and chassis. His sits real nice. I have seen other cars where they sit offset and agree they don't look as good but I like how John did his. He started from scratch w/everything and got the wheel openings correct. The tire profile has been debated many times...
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/31/10 08:56 PM

Car came out great. Nice work. Car sits nice. Great job and excellent workmenship.
Posted By: feets

Re: 68-70 B-body on newer 5.7 Charger chassis - 12/31/10 10:32 PM

The guy I know dropping the Mirada CMX body on the SRT8 Magnum chassis had a concern about the Mirada body being 2" shorter in height than the LX. I guess you can paint it black and hope it's not an issue.
© 2024 Moparts Forums