Moparts

AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversion?

Posted By: Anonymous

AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversion? - 09/03/08 02:25 AM

Anybody know about this? I heard years ago that it was possible to use some sort of AMC Rambler or other model hubs on a mopar 10" drum spindle to convert to large bolt pattern. Anybody know what year and model they might be found on? I wont be running drums so i dont care about any drum swedging or mismatch problems. Thanks
JJ
Posted By: noisydart

Re: AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversion? - 09/03/08 02:38 AM

I do remember this! But it was to run drums w/
big bolt 4 1/2" onto mopar 10" spindles.
If you won't be running drums, why would this be
of interest and more importantly, how easy is it
to get new front drums for say a 1972 Gremlin?

Re: AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversion? - 09/03/08 04:09 AM

Im running a disk brake conversion using the small bolt hubs now, but figured if I could find these AMC hubs, all i would need to do is re-drill the rotors, or slot the current holes. Im wanting to open up more options on wheels, and want to do it as inexpensive as i can. Was the 72 gremlin one of them, or just thrown out there to pose a question.
Posted By: MOBodyman

Re: AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversion? - 09/03/08 04:31 AM

IIRC, Gremlin hubs were the ones used. I doubt the year matters.
Dallas
Posted By: Dakota_Don

Re: AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversion? - 09/03/08 08:47 PM

what are the application of the rotors for your swap? you may be able to find new rotors already drilled with the 5 on 4.5 bolt patteren such as a chevy celebrity 115 mm bolt cirle. I like the idea of the hubs you are wanting to use..

Re: AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversion? - 09/04/08 12:28 AM

They are the 90 Chev Celeb. rotors from EBC that are slotted and dimpled. I was hoping that the Javlin used the correct hubs since my uncle will have his old ones after his disk swap. I also know where there are a bunch of rambler americans locally, but havn't seen gremlins for a while.

JJ
Posted By: FuryUs

Re: AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversion? - 09/04/08 02:24 AM

So how are you going to mount calipers?
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversion? - 09/04/08 11:54 AM

Maybe dis?
"MOTOR TRAXX MOPAR TECHLINE

by Bob Doty

Another tip for the people that are looking for a way to convert the 4 inch bolt pattern on the front wheels to the 4-1/2" without changing out everything. This applies to drum brake cars only. Look for a drum brake AMC Gremlin. The bolt pattern is 4-1/2" and the bearings and hub will fit perfectly on the A-body spindle. Surprise, Surprise!....

Thanks -Bob Doty."
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversio - 09/04/08 01:55 PM

Quote:

Maybe dis?
"MOTOR TRAXX MOPAR TECHLINE

by Bob Doty

Another tip for the people that are looking for a way to convert the 4 inch bolt pattern on the front wheels to the 4-1/2" without changing out everything. This applies to drum brake cars only. Look for a drum brake AMC Gremlin. The bolt pattern is 4-1/2" and the bearings and hub will fit perfectly on the A-body spindle. Surprise, Surprise!....

Thanks -Bob Doty."

need more info , what drum and backing plate would one use ???
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversio - 09/04/08 02:31 PM

Unfortunately, I don't know

I found that here:

http://moparsa2z.com/web/brakes.htm

Looks like that came from somewhere else

Re: AMC hubs on 10" small pattern spindle for conversio - 09/06/08 10:11 PM

Some good info there. Thanks. Too bad it doesn't specify whether the gremlin hubs fit the 9 or 10 inch mopar spindles. I would assume 10", but don't know.
© 2024 Moparts Forums