Moparts

Brake linkage

Posted By: clyde

Brake linkage - 12/08/10 10:10 PM

Is the linkage between the pedal and the m/c same on front disc cars as front drum cars? E-body THX
Posted By: clyde

Re: Brake linkage - 12/10/10 10:08 PM

Musta been a hard question
Posted By: Boise Chall

Re: Brake linkage - 12/10/10 11:05 PM

When I changed my 72 Challenger automatic from Manual to power brakes I changed everything including the bracket that the linkage goes to under the dash.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Brake linkage - 12/10/10 11:05 PM

Posted By: roe

Re: Brake linkage - 12/10/10 11:26 PM

Quote:

Is the linkage between the pedal and the m/c same on front disc cars as front drum cars? E-body THX

i sold a buddy a '72 satellite with manual drums all around. Also gave him the complete power disc setup from another car, pedal linkage, booster, and complete setup from upper control ARM to lower control arm.

instead of converting to power he just put on the disc brake gear but kept his drum linkage, said it works great.

from everything I've ever come across you only have to change linkage if you go from manual to power. the manual linkage gives more leverage and can lead to overly touchy brakes if used with a power brake setup.

from everything that I've come across you only have to changethe linkage if you go from manual to power brakes. the manual linkage gives you more leverage and can lead to overly touchy brakes if used with a power setup.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Brake linkage - 12/11/10 12:14 AM

Quote:

afaik,

No
© 2024 Moparts Forums