Moparts

Dart Sport License Plate ?

Posted By: @#$%&*!

Dart Sport License Plate ? - 12/06/10 12:25 AM

I was just trying to install the license plates on my recently acquired '74 Dart Sport and the front plate must require an extra bracket I don't have. If I use the upper holes in the plate it will hang way too low but the lower holes in the plate won't work at all. Anyone got a picture?
TIA
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: Dart Sport License Plate WTH? - 12/06/10 12:35 AM

My friends 73 swinger is the same way, I told him its just like a curb feeler but for parking stoppers He just put the plate in the front window
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Dart Sport License Plate ? - 12/06/10 12:38 AM

There is a special bracket that mounts to the holes in the bumper. I'll try to find mine and post a photo.
The easiest thing to do is take a strip of metal, drill two sets of holes to lower the plate by and inch or so.
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: Dart Sport License Plate ? - 12/06/10 12:43 AM

If I remember correctly, was it just the width of the liscense plate was too wide for the hole in the bumper? If that was the case, couldnt you just notch the bumper and tuck the top part of the plate in there til the holes line up?
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Dart Sport License Plate ? - 12/06/10 01:03 AM

this is for the valiant, dart is different
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=120770
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: Dart Sport License Plate ? - 12/06/10 06:43 PM

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I went back to Google Images and searched again and found one this time. I can make one of those.

Attached picture 6341487-sportplatebracket.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums