Moparts

HEMI tube seals and plug wires

Posted By: Youngblood

HEMI tube seals and plug wires - 12/03/10 02:27 PM

I went to my buddy's place yesterday to change out plugs on his HemiCuda. Car is a clone, complete nut and bolt resto. He wanted the plugs changed and had an issue with brake booster.
The plug wires are crap. They need replacement. Also, the tubes were full of oil. What is the best gasket setup for sealing these stock covers? Is there any trick anyone knows of? This car is so nice and so clean, you only want to touch it as little as possible.
Also, what do you recommend for top quality wires? They would have to be correct appearing,date-coded pieces for this car. I hate numbers matching stuff myself. I mean I appreciate them for what they are and all, I just prefer hot rods.
Thanks for any advice, John.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: HEMI tube seals and plug wires - 12/03/10 02:37 PM

There is only one company making date coded wires for Mopars, at the moment

Posted By: JohnRR

Re: HEMI tube seals and plug wires - 12/03/10 02:59 PM

As far as seals go he needs the milodon tube seals that go in the head first and have an o ring , the tubes get oil when the plugs are pulled or he didn't have them installed correctly , need to remove the gasket off the bottom of the plugs , the tube is the gasket .
Posted By: torkrules

Re: HEMI tube seals and plug wires - 12/04/10 02:09 PM

Quote:

As far as seals go he needs the milodon tube seals that go in the head first and have an o ring , the tubes get oil when the plugs are pulled or he didn't have them installed correctly , need to remove the gasket off the bottom of the plugs , the tube is the gasket .

© 2024 Moparts Forums