Moparts

Tire psi gauge Q

Posted By: RapidRobert

Tire psi gauge Q - 12/02/10 03:11 AM

Selecting a new gauge head for my tire gauge. 0-60 psi $17.99 grade A accuracy (2-1-2%) prob a misprint but the figs in the parenthesis are what the catalog shows. grade B (no accuracy specs given) $13.99. Both are glycerin filled. Any thoughts/info? Thank you for your time.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Tire psi gauge Q - 12/02/10 03:22 AM

Well I bought one of the $6.00 units(just the gauge) from Harbor Freight and it is accurate to the 1/4 pound.
Now I know that can be the difference between winning and losing on a circle track but it works for me.I checked it against the scan tool for TPWS system diagnostics and they were almost too close to call.

Attached picture 6332118-burnoutpicturegus.JPG

Re: Tire psi gauge Q - 12/02/10 03:35 AM

thank you
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Tire psi gauge Q - 12/02/10 11:40 PM

Glycerin filled gauges tend to lose accuracy when the temp goes up or if you happen to leave it in the sun.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Tire psi gauge Q - 12/02/10 11:59 PM

Quote:

Glycerin filled gauges tend to lose accuracy when the temp goes up or if you happen to leave it in the sun.

Not if you equalize it before using.

Re: Tire psi gauge Q - 12/03/10 01:46 AM

I prob should just get a new one but I got attached to the Speedway motors one I have w the hose & I dropped it one day. Tried to (re) bend the bourdon tube assy & got it closer but I dont think it's right so I was browsing in the Northern tools and equipment & ran across the 2 aformentioned gauges. I prob could get it but I dont have a known accurate gauge to use as a standard
© 2024 Moparts Forums