Moparts

1974 Cuda door sticker weight numbers

Posted By: Evil Monkey

1974 Cuda door sticker weight numbers - 11/24/10 12:51 PM

I'm trying to recreate the numbers on the door sticker of my 74 Cuda that got wiped away (with the help of some solvent) many years ago. The VIN and manufacture date are easy, and I can make up a MDH based on my SPD, but I can't find any info on what the weights should be listed as on the door sticker. I don't know if the weights are different based on engine/transmission - mine was originally a 318/904, or if they are the same for all 74 Cudas. Unfortunately, my money situation won't allow me to buy a reproduction sticker, so recreating the numbers is the best I can do. Anyone have a 74 Cuda door sticker, and can tell me what the weights are?

Many thanks in advance.
Posted By: burdar

Re: 1974 Cuda door sticker weight numbers - 11/24/10 03:15 PM

Coming up with the right MDH or even the right date is going to be harder than you think. Accually you may never know what is correct if you don't have a picture of your origonal sticker. I say that because of what I found on my 73 Challenger.

927 SPD
10-72 on door sticker
121216 MDH (there is a typo...the first 12 should be a 10)

The SPD on the fender tag doesn't always match the door sticker and the MDH is going to be impossible to accuratly guess.

If no one comes through with the weights for you, I can see what my 73 Challenger says.

Re: 1974 Cuda door sticker weight numbers - 11/24/10 04:37 PM

Fortunately, I do remember that the Manufacture Date on my sticker was 2-74. I do have the fender tag (but no broadcast sheet) and the SPD is 206. I know I'll never know what the actual MDH was on the sticker - no one knows what it should be now that the info is gone from the sticker. I just plan on putting something reasonable on there, like 020715 - as long as it's close. I would like to get the correct weights on the sticker, though - that's something I don't have to guess about, I can get it right. Your Challenger would probably be close to the same weights, but hopefully someone will post Cuda weights.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: 1974 Cuda door sticker weight numbers - 11/24/10 05:59 PM

If nobody answers this before then I can check my 'cuda when I get home tonight. It is an original paint survivor so it should all be there.

Dave

Re: 1974 Cuda door sticker weight numbers - 11/24/10 10:08 PM

Quote:

If nobody answers this before then I can check my 'cuda when I get home tonight. It is an original paint survivor so it should all be there.

Dave

That would be great. Thanks

Re: 1974 Cuda door sticker weight numbers - 11/25/10 05:16 PM

I'll try to post a pic later on, but it says;

GVWR 4475 GAWR Front 2240 GAWR Rear 2235

Dave

Re: 1974 Cuda door sticker weight numbers - 11/25/10 07:55 PM

That's exactly what I nedeed - Thank you.

Re: 1974 Cuda door sticker weight numbers - 11/25/10 08:51 PM

No problem at all!

If you still need a pic, let me know.

Dave

Re: 1974 Cuda door sticker weight numbers - 11/26/10 05:41 AM

No pic needed - I've found a few different 74 door sticker pics on the internet, so I know what I need to in order to get the type correct on mine, but none were Cuda stickers so I didn't have the correct weights. Now I do. Thanks again!
© 2024 Moparts Forums