Moparts

mini starter

Posted By: iron6

mini starter - 04/30/08 01:50 PM

I'm replacing my starter with denso mini starter.There isn't a wiring harness to connect the starter to ground or positive in the box. where can I get the wire connectors? I check Mancini and Summit didn't see them listed. Thanks
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: mini starter - 04/30/08 04:19 PM

Use your own wires that are already there.
Posted By: therocks

Re: mini starter - 04/30/08 04:26 PM

The starter grounds thru the block.Rocky

Re: mini starter - 04/30/08 04:49 PM

You only need the 2 wires already there. The starter grounds through the case to the block when bolted up.
Posted By: 72challorange

Re: mini starter - 04/30/08 05:53 PM

Maybe he is looking for the adapter wire for the mini starter? JY or dealer maybe?

Tom

By tdavist, shot with DSC-P72 at 2008-04-26

Re: mini starter - 04/30/08 06:31 PM

Just run the wires that are there. The big wire goes to the larger of the studs and small to the smaller, just like the OEM starter. Don't understand why you can't make it work.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: mini starter - 04/30/08 08:39 PM

Quote:

Just run the wires that are there. The big wire goes to the larger of the studs and small to the smaller, just like the OEM starter. Don't understand why you can't make it work.

don the newer mini has a different connector for the solenoid wire

Re: mini starter - 04/30/08 10:05 PM

I agree, that is why I posted that pic.

Tom

Has a small pin connector inside the plastic. No way to get a wire on there.

Re: mini starter - 04/30/08 10:12 PM

Put a spice in the small wire. function will be the same. Alot of things have to be made to work.

Re: mini starter - 04/30/08 10:48 PM

The small wire is what he is looking for I'm guessing since he never came back. It has a funny connector on the end of it.

Tom
Posted By: mkvien

Re: mini starter - 06/04/08 05:28 PM

So where does a guy get the pigtail that attaches to the new style connector, short of hacking one off of a stock wire harness (which I don't have and would imagine would cost me the price of the whole harness at a yard)?
Posted By: stumpy

Re: mini starter - 06/04/08 05:55 PM

Put a new connector of your choice on the starter wire. Not rocket science just a quick wiring fix.
Posted By: mkvien

Re: mini starter - 06/05/08 08:23 PM

The connector on the starter looks like this...

I purchased the starter to put on an older engine and do not have the mating connector for it. Short of putting some sort of female spade connector on it and just stuffing it into the hole, I was just wondering if there was a source for the matching connector that would have been on the factory harness. I do not see a number molded into the connector. Looking for the short chunk of wire in the guy's picture of the 2 starters above.
© 2024 Moparts Forums