Moparts

front suspension, where to buy?

Posted By: pettyblue440

front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 01:36 AM

Doing a 69 bee front suspension rebuild. Where is the best place to order parts from that are good quality and value. I see pst has free shipping. Thanks, Jon
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 06:26 AM

Rock Auto. Forget the others. Much cheaper and can specify MOOG parts if you like. Mike
Posted By: ChallengerRTSE

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 11:38 AM

I just got all my front end parts for my current project from Rockauto. I got all USA made MOOG parts for what I thought was a fair price.
Posted By: domingo

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 05:27 PM

How about Bill Rolik?

http://www.billrolikenterprises.com
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 06:04 PM

Quote:

How about Bill Rolik?

Moog WAS good quality, now you are paying more because of their advertising costs, most stuff is sourced offshore, rubber quality is suspect. Bill sells higher end Spicer professional, I bought some, stuff looks good .
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 07:06 PM

Quote:

I got all USA made MOOG parts

will the box say made in USA?

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 07:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I got all USA made MOOG parts

will the box say made in USA?

The box was made in USA ...

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 07:30 PM

Quote:

Hell that woulda fooled me
Posted By: forphorty

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 08:15 PM

Look up the parts at Rockauto. Then do a search for those part numbers at Amazon. They are sometimes a little cheaper at Amazon and you can get free shipping on some of them.

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 09:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hell that woulda fooled me

i'm not saying that is the case here , but I have seen that , made in USA on the box and what was inside the box marked made in china .

I put Moog LCA bushings on my Dart , 2 years later the rubber was cracked .

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 09:19 PM

double R I think I'm good as the LBJ's I just bought (Moog) for a 65 dart w (9" front drums) had been on the shelf there at my favorite parts house for oh I'm thinking 10 years & they were listed for $125 a piece & they let me have em for $115 so I think these were made in US of A ones

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 10:04 PM

Quote:

double R I think I'm good as the LBJ's I just bought (Moog) for a 65 dart w (9" front drums) had been on the shelf there at my favorite parts house for oh I'm thinking 10 years & they were listed for $125 a piece & they let me have em for $115 so I think these were made in US of A ones

Holy moly , the last set I bought was about 25 bucks , must be because of country or origin ?
Posted By: chache876

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 10:07 PM

trick is to do a little research on the companies and look for similarities. most "cheap" brands like duralast are just reboxed "name" brand parts.

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 10:10 PM

They couldn't be that cheap for that particular app (65 A w 9" drums) as I checked several places (locally & online) & iirc the lowest was 80 ish (ea)

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 10:43 PM

Quote:

They couldn't be that cheap for that particular app (65 A w 9" drums) as I checked several places (locally & online) & iirc the lowest was 80 ish (ea)

Sorry , someone is confused , you said lower ball joints , I'm talking about lower control arm BUSHINGS
Posted By: landon1

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 10/31/10 11:30 PM

Quote:

How about Bill Rolik?

how good is spicer? price is comparable to moog/raybestos...and the website takes you to raybestos
Posted By: BradD

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 11/01/10 04:14 AM

I got all of my Moog parts from my local Advance Auto for NEARLY the same price as Rockauto without paying for shipping. I printed the Rock Auto list out and took it to Advance for price match(or as close as they could get without losing money). Rock Auto was going to ship from 8 different warehouses for over $80 total. It was actually cheaper to go through Advance when you factor the shipping.
Brad
Posted By: chache876

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 11/01/10 04:52 AM

Quote:

I got all of my Moog parts from my local Advance Auto for NEARLY the same price as Rockauto without paying for shipping. I printed the Rock Auto list out and took it to Advance for price match(or as close as they could get without losing money). Rock Auto was going to ship from 8 different warehouses for over $80 total. It was actually cheaper to go through Advance when you factor the shipping.
Brad

Thats the only downside to rockauto is that they ship from multiple warehouses. But usually you can get most of your stuff from the same place and when you do, their prices+shipping is almost always cheaper than retail+tax.
Posted By: rapom

Re: front suspension, where to buy? - 11/01/10 08:27 PM

ESPO is where I get all my suspension parts and everythings from the USA.
© 2024 Moparts Forums