Moparts

Exhaust Manifolds

Posted By: bron_engines

Exhaust Manifolds - 10/22/10 07:58 PM

I have seen some 7 8 9 A Bodies with a low deck and exhaust manifolds. Not the original ones but ones from a different car. Does any one know what ones will work?
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Exhaust Manifolds - 10/22/10 08:28 PM

I know a guy running B body HP manifolds on a 440 in a '68 Dart. On the driver side the manifold comes awfully close to the steering column and cooks the nylon bushing in the end of it though.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Exhaust Manifolds - 10/22/10 08:37 PM

Quote:

I know a guy running B body HP manifolds on a 440 in a '68 Dart. On the driver side the manifold comes awfully close to the steering column and cooks the nylon bushing in the end of it though.

The column needs to be cut back to flush wit hthe firewall and the bushing moved up and it should be ok .

Since the OP has a low deck he could use the 68-69 C body HP manifold , it will work with a little creative pipe bending, I put one on my 383 with a factory BB K and I couldn't see any reason it would not work and wouldn't be any more restrictive than the factory manifold .
Posted By: R/T1968R/T

Re: Exhaust Manifolds - 10/22/10 08:54 PM

B-Body HP manifolds will fit. You will have to trim the outer steering sleeve back and cut an access hole for the #6 plug.

Attached picture 6263753-engcompt.jpg
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Exhaust Manifolds - 10/23/10 02:10 AM

Quote:

Since the OP has a low deck he could use the 68-69 C body HP manifold , it will work with a little creative pipe bending, I put one on my 383 with a factory BB K and I couldn't see any reason it would not work and wouldn't be any more restrictive than the factory manifold .

That's good to know.
Posted By: bron_engines

Re: Exhaust Manifolds - 10/26/10 04:04 PM

Thanks for the help. I just have a stock but new 383 as well as a 69 Dart with a leaning tower of power. I am going to put the 383 with A/C and power steering. It will still be a tire fryer!!
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Exhaust Manifolds - 10/26/10 08:12 PM

tire fryer with a/c no thats the way an A-body should be

be sure to post pics of it when your done
© 2024 Moparts Forums