Moparts

Unlimited products fiberglass hood

Posted By: cudaboone

Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/20/10 01:08 PM

Anyone have experience with a fiberglass hood from unlimited products? Mine was a nightmare.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/20/10 10:58 PM

nightmare is an understatement
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/20/10 11:13 PM

no hood,but used a 68 hemi scoop for my truck

it was fair for the 70$ price I suppose

little clean up and some art work,it got rivited to the hood every 4"

gonna add two supports across the front opening also,may help keep it from blowing off with the 440 truck under it

Attached picture 6260396-hoodscoopart.jpg
Posted By: dOOc

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/20/10 11:41 PM

scratchn .. you BEST PUT posts across the front-part of that flimsy scoop ....every 4" toooo !

There is THEM at 70 beans ...and then another company selling the same basic scoop for nearly THREE HUN .... ..

I will come in - with a GOOD SCOOP - at about 130.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/21/10 12:45 AM

The one i got back in April for a 71 Demon is beautiful....it is a 6 pac hood...and got 25% off too..
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/21/10 03:13 PM

Must be a crap shoot w/ Unlimited. Some like 'em, some don't. I put their fenders and a hood on my sons '71 Charger about 10 yrs. ago- fit and finish were great.

Tim
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/21/10 05:25 PM

Must be a crap shoot w/ Unlimited. Some like 'em, some don't. I put their fenders and a hood on my sons '71 Charger about 10 yrs. ago- fit and finish were great.

Tim

......anything I've ever ordered thru them was great, granted I didn't expect it to jump out of the box and install itself,...with any fiberglass product there's always something that needs tweaking,....but one thing with some fiberglass vendors, is even though they may put their name on it, it may have been subbed out to another party,...some companies sell/sub/lease out their molds,....perhaps thats why some are experiencing poor results with Unlimited Products
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/21/10 06:08 PM

I used USBody for my hood and scoop. I bought mine before I heard how bad they were. The race hood I bought is very thin, but stable and the fit was pretty good. Not sure about Unlimited. The guys at USBody were pretty easy to deal with.

Attached picture 6261706-6227623-005a.jpg
Posted By: Kiner

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/21/10 07:59 PM

Unlimited is pure junk.Beware don't buy it.Not even close.They send you junk then tell you to bad.Look at the insert for the 70 rr power bulge hood.junk.I made my own. Junk junk junk.
Posted By: cudaboone

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/22/10 02:24 PM

Hey Kiner: I got the same type cowl induction hood for my 72 cuda and it was the worst fit and finish you could imagine.
In the back of the underside where the hood is supposed to contact the rubber seal, i had to remove about 1 1/2 inches and fiberglass it back together so the hood would close. It is warped up (has a bow in it at the fenders center).
the body guy did a good job smoothing the top of the hood and did a great job painting it. HOwever, pop ups keep appearing in the glass. I did take it back after about 8 months and had it repaired and repainted. Now, after about 2 months, i have two more zits coming out of the glass.
If you have a complaint, they will not even want to talk to you.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/22/10 04:35 PM

Junk, run and run fast!
Posted By: bron_engines

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/22/10 07:55 PM

My hood was and is a nightmare, the doors are the worst I ever saw. I thought I was on candid camera when I picked them up. The front fenders were ok. My Dart only has the hood now I left on all the steel parts. I like it better any way.

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/22/10 07:57 PM

Here is the one I got back in April...with 25% off.

Attached picture 6263677-100_2928.JPG
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/22/10 09:08 PM

Quote:

Here is the one I got back in April...with 25% off.

Know someone else that used the same deal 25% off and they are happy with the hood. Looked OK to me.

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/23/10 02:47 AM

I also got front and rear bumpers...during that deal..

got my neighbor lined up to paint everything for me this winter...
Posted By: racerx

Re: Unlimited products fiberglass hood - 10/23/10 11:36 AM

Quote:

Tim

I purchase a front valance few years ago and the fit was OK,damage that one loading up the on the trailer purchase another threw them and it was junk
© 2024 Moparts Forums