Moparts

Z bar Bracket location for B-Body

Posted By: SavannahMoparMan

Z bar Bracket location for B-Body - 10/15/10 12:52 AM

I am converting a 67 Coronet 440 from Automatic to a 4 speed. I have all the parts to do it, but I need to know if there is any specific demensional data available for the placement of the z bar mounting "frame bracket " that I am going to weld in. I would prefer to measure it...rather than put the motor and trans in to position it. Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Posted By: kilroy

Re: Z bar Bracket location for B-Body - 10/15/10 01:32 AM

There should be a small slot in the frame where the bracket has a corresponding tang that fits in it. They say 71 and later are different but I personally compared them and they are the same bracket in the same location. The bracket doesn't sit flush on the frame so that dirt and dust can slid under it. Look and see if there is a access hole in the drivers inner fender well and if you look on the top of the frame just inside the hole you should find it there.
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Z bar Bracket location for B-Body - 10/15/10 01:34 AM

Brewers enclosed one with my kit. I'm sure they would be happy to fax you one.

It made it so much easier. My friends was crooked and he spent a pretty penny before he realized it.
Posted By: 64dodge572

Re: Z bar Bracket location for B-Body - 10/15/10 07:38 PM

Here is a pic of the location.
Dan

Attached picture 6252048-FB470LOCATION.JPG
Posted By: 64dodge572

Re: Z bar Bracket location for B-Body - 10/15/10 07:39 PM

Attached picture 6252051-FB470LOCATION2.JPG
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Z bar Bracket location for B-Body - 10/15/10 09:40 PM

Quote:

There should be a small slot in the frame where the bracket has a corresponding tang that fits in it. They say 71 and later are different but I personally compared them and they are the same bracket in the same location. The bracket doesn't sit flush on the frame so that dirt and dust can slid under it. Look and see if there is a access hole in the drivers inner fender well and if you look on the top of the frame just inside the hole you should find it there.

I don't think that the 67 has that slot, that was something that came about later.
Posted By: Dan Brewer

Re: Z bar Bracket location for B-Body - 10/15/10 11:51 PM

I think the slot started late in 70.
Posted By: SavannahMoparMan

Re: Z bar Bracket location for B-Body - 10/20/10 12:49 AM

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION ON THE Z-BAR...THAT HELPED ALOT. I CERTAINLY APPRECIATE IT!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums