Moparts

heater fan switch

Posted By: moparrookie

heater fan switch - 10/07/10 04:25 PM

as of late my 70 barracuda heater switch will not shut off. It goes from high to low and when I go to the off position it stays in low speed. Is there a spray that may fix tghe problem? I can not seem to fine a replacement.
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: heater fan switch - 10/08/10 02:32 AM

If the switch itself is are worn out, you should replace it. Not worth the risk of a
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: heater fan switch - 10/08/10 02:50 AM

open it up & see if it looks fixable. You have to R&R it either way
Posted By: Michael Ecks

Re: heater fan switch - 10/08/10 03:17 AM

not my auctions but...

E body switch. Is this the one you are talking about? three terminal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-70-...es#ht_500wt_921

I actually couldn't find one even on ebay at the time to replace mine. I actually found one from a later 70's truck I think for about 10 bucks, that had three terminals and looked like the same switch box with a different bracket. I carefully pried back the metal tabs that hold in the switch parts on both units and swapped out the terminal plate, spring, and sliding contacts. Took about 3 minutes and worked like a charm.

If you don't want to pick up the e-body one above, ebay "mopar blower switch" and you'll see what I mean about similar three terminal switch boxes on a lot of models, just different brackets and levers.

Ain't no spray going to fix an electrical circuit staying open.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: heater fan switch - 10/08/10 04:27 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-MOPAR...sQ5fAccessories

Something like this? If not, contact this guy. I've bought alot of things from him and am pleased with everything. He's even had some parts he found for me a few times that no one seemed to have. Worth a shot, if you got a P/N.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: heater fan switch - 10/08/10 04:35 AM

Check with Jim;

Attached picture 6239059-JSRestorationsOnLineBusinessCard1.jpg
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: heater fan switch - 10/08/10 04:56 AM

Quote:

Check with Jim;

Forgot about Jim, thanks Barry
© 2024 Moparts Forums