Moparts

How rare is a 70 e-body plymouth houndstooth interior?

Posted By: bluefish383

How rare is a 70 e-body plymouth houndstooth interior? - 10/02/10 10:19 PM

I like the look of the houndstooth interior in the 70 Gran Coupe I've seen at a car show. Are these readily available has repops or are they easy to find at automotive flea markets?
Perhaps thinking of getting a set for my project!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: How rare is a 70 e-body plymouth houndstooth interior? - 10/03/10 12:27 AM

Legendary Interiors has them for the Cuda, they are available in black & white houndstooth black skirts and red welt trim, as original, or black and orange houndstooth with burnt orange skirts and orange trim welt as original, a complete bucket seat and rear seat set up will run about $750......and molded foam seat buns are avaliable also, $180 set IIRC

Mike
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How rare is a 70 e-body plymouth houndstooth interior? - 10/03/10 12:30 AM

I'm not the expert but it seems to me the proper style of OEM Houndstooth is unavailable and what you get now is not 100% correct. Maybe I'm wrong.....
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: How rare is a 70 e-body plymouth houndstooth interior? - 10/03/10 02:30 AM

Quote:

I'm not the expert but it seems to me the proper style of OEM Houndstooth is unavailable and what you get now is not 100% correct. Maybe I'm wrong.....

I believe you are correct, so far what I've seen supplied from SMS (Legendary's source AFAIK) appears to be the GM style houndstooth pattern used in 69 Cameros. If there is a newer/better match available please (whomever) let me know.

For what it's worth it looks nice and most wouldn't spot it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums