Moparts

A body Tach - Dart Question

Posted By: Mad_Scientist

A body Tach - Dart Question - 09/30/10 04:47 PM

I was going to order a reproduction tach for my 70 Dart, but Year One has two listed for my application. One is listed with slanted numbers, an the other is with straight numbers. Why are there two different ones and which would be "correct" in a 70 Swinger 340?
Posted By: rick@laysons

Re: A body Tach - Dart Question - 09/30/10 07:34 PM

I think it has to do with what kind of speedometer your car has. If your speedo goes to 120mph, you'd need a CS161, if your speedo goes to 150mph, you'd need the CS162.

Both units would fit and function in either the standard or the rally dash frame.
Posted By: Neil

Re: A body Tach - Dart Question - 09/30/10 08:07 PM

When I ordered my tach from charger specialities they told me that the early barracudas had the same tach except the font is different. Look at your instrument cluster and figure out what you have. All 70 and up cars had a 150 speedo.

The rallye tach only fits a factory rallye dash equipped dart (340 only). It won't fit a standard 318 or slant six car, and those cars never had a tach to begin with.
Posted By: revcon

Re: A body Tach - Dart Question - 10/04/10 03:42 AM

Just a joke, but the slanted one straightens out when you go over 120 MPH! Sorry, beer talking.
© 2024 Moparts Forums