Moparts

T/A AAR perf. mufflers

Posted By: 6pacdave

T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/28/10 09:15 AM

Looking to buy some less restrictive performance replacement mufflers for my T/A. Any suggestions or experiences?
cheers Dave
Posted By: kielbasa

Re: T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/28/10 03:43 PM

Spintech
Posted By: EV2AAR

Re: T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/28/10 03:53 PM

Way too loud
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/28/10 04:27 PM

Quote:

Way too loud

I just put some spintechs on my car (non-E body) and they sound very nice, not too loud at all IMO (which I was worried about)

But I did use the side exit style, so not the true T/A-AAR type ones.

I am using an X pipe so that might help some too

Pic from the general forum thread I have going..
Another..
Tips I made..
Posted By: mercman1

Re: T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/29/10 02:36 AM

Sixpacdave, your in luck..... Dyno Max makes a muffler originally designed to go ob the 2003 era Supercharged Roush Mustangs. This muffler is the same diameter case as the T/A muffler but about 4 inches shorter. It fits the T/A muffler holder perfectly. I have them on my 416 stroker T/A that made 470 hp/490 lbs tq with stock mainfolds. They sound great and quiet enough not to be obnoxious, loud enough to keep you entertained. you will be pleased.

Attached picture 6222284-TAUnderside.JPG

Re: T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/29/10 02:44 AM

Dave another picture of mufflers while on Eddie's dyno with Dram.

Attached picture 6222308-DSCN1302.JPG
Posted By: boydsdodge

Re: T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/29/10 03:14 AM

When I was looking at the Hotchkis Challenger at the Mopar Spring Fling show this past April, I noticed that they had taken some flow masters and cut an opening on the side for there side exit exhaust system. (much like the Spintech Muffler)
It looked great but I never heard the car run so can't say much about that.
Has any one out there seen the Hotchkis mod to muffler that I am talking about and does it work?

Re: T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/29/10 03:25 AM

When I talked to the guy at Spintech, he mentioned the side exit ones like mine sound different to all thier other ones and was just a unique note. That along with my X pipe actually makes them real quiet at idle, and perfect (to me) when you are getting on it.

I am nearly done building most of the car so will get some street time in shortly, only been up and down the street a little bit so far (finally got the hood on it tonight )
Posted By: 6pacdave

Re: T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/29/10 05:09 AM

cheers guys,

Did you get the Spintchs in SoCal OZ?, and are the Rouch mufflers avail though Ford only? Do you have a Pt# at all Mercman, I like your underbody, but gees, you couldve cleaned it before taking a pix! lol

cheers Dave

Re: T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/30/10 02:10 AM

Dang It!!!! Did i miss a spot again??????? Dave, the mufflers are available through any Dynomax dealer under part # 17676. They were $125 each when I bought them in 2004.

Re: T/A AAR perf. mufflers - 09/30/10 02:24 AM

I got them direct from Spintech out here... (great people to deal with as well)

What mine sound like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIrkGq_2aBc
© 2024 Moparts Forums