Moparts

amd hoods

Posted By: 68-scatpack-rt

amd hoods - 09/28/10 02:04 AM

anyone have any experience on the quality of the replacement hoods from amd? (1969 roadrunner to be specific)

how's the fitment? is the metal as thick as the og ones?

thanks.
Posted By: 2abodymcodes

Re: amd hoods - 09/28/10 02:48 AM

i have one on my 69 rr. the fit and alignment is right on the mark. i am not sure on metal thickness. i think it might weigh just a little less than my original but it seems fine to me.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: amd hoods - 09/28/10 02:52 AM

I've only had the Shaker E bodie and 69 Charger hoods,...but they were all excellent in regards to fit and finish, the sheetmetal is thicker approx .040 were as the factory hoods are .030,...I've heard from those that have bought the 69 RR hood that is was also a nice peice, and the factory vents/side scoops also fit with no issuse

Mike
Posted By: 2abodymcodes

Re: amd hoods - 09/28/10 03:14 AM

i'm thinking now that the reason my AMD hood weighs less than my original is the new hood has e-coat only while my original is painted and also has some filler in it from previous repairs. and as Dayclona stated, my vents fit perfect.
Posted By: Boise Chall

Re: amd hoods - 09/28/10 03:58 AM

I have an AMD R/T hood on my 72 Challenger nice piece.
Posted By: elitecustombody

Re: amd hoods - 09/28/10 04:41 AM

I find it hard to believe that AMD hoods weigh less than stock, unless as noted it has tons of bondo and paint.I've sold plenty of of AMD hoods and not person has mentioned any issues, I just installed AMD 400 hood on my 69 Firebird and it fits and latches better than the OEM flat hood,which was perfect,no previous bodywork of any kind
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: amd hoods - 09/28/10 04:51 AM

If anything i would think the AMD hood would weigh a little more only b/c they use a thicker gauge sheet metal then the OE
Posted By: 68-scatpack-rt

Re: amd hoods - 09/28/10 10:39 AM

thanks guys! that's what i needed to know.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: amd hoods - 09/28/10 12:48 PM

I've been told the mounting holes where the rivets attach the center box for the air grabber are larger in OD than the original hood, thus causes attaching issues if you plan to run the factory air grabber box
© 2024 Moparts Forums