Moparts

PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER

Posted By: FOXY312

PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 09/26/10 11:53 AM

Having problems with aftermarket wheel cylinder for rear for 70 challenger had two sets put in, go to bleed brakes they start leaking out of the rubber seals. All new parts from front to back any idea
Posted By: pnypwr

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 09/26/10 11:59 AM

crappy parts are a part of life...id go for a set of wagners...id steer clear from autozone pep boys crap

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 09/26/10 12:08 PM

First set was from autozone and sec. set came from napa can you tell me who sells wagner :
Posted By: pnypwr

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 09/26/10 12:14 PM

we have a local big a store that does...you do have the brakes all installed before you try to bleed them yes?

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 09/26/10 04:50 PM

Yes from front to back
Posted By: Fab64

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 09/26/10 04:54 PM

I just bought some rears from RockAuto, but haven't installed them yet. They're Raybestos brand, and stamped "Made in USA". I haven't had any problems with Raybestos stuff in the past. Good luck.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 09/26/10 05:14 PM

I just bought some "Dorman" ones and the cellophane wrapping says in big bold letters "made in china. Not installed yet/fingers crossed. I thought Dorman was good ole made in USA like w their freeze plugs etc
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 09/26/10 11:33 PM

Went thru the same thing. NAPA cylinders can be hit or miss, USA made or China junk. I just bought 1/2 dozen USA made from Carquest. Gonna stock up...
Posted By: Paul_Fancsali

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 09/27/10 06:08 PM

If you can get the kits why not just rebuild them?I have done these many times and have had more problem with new ones then the ones I rebuilt.
Posted By: torredcuda

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 12/17/10 12:44 AM

Just bought two-one from USA and one from China,guess what the crap form overseas dosen`t fit the cutout in the backing plate!!!Any sources for the USA made ones?I`m stopping by NAPA tommorow.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 12/17/10 04:52 AM

Since the company that provides Napa United and Raybestos shut down all their US and Canadian plants within the last few years and started putting Chinese trash in their boxes, if you find any made in USA ones, grab them and stash them away if you don't need them just now.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AFTER MARKET WHEEL CYLINDER - 12/17/10 07:53 AM

My old cylinders were stamped "Lockheed".Probably should have kept them...
© 2024 Moparts Forums