Moparts

Duster Door Rattle Cure?

Posted By: John_M

Duster Door Rattle Cure? - 08/23/08 04:08 PM

I have a '69 Dart and when you shut the doors it makes a nice heavy thud or clunk sound. Not sure if that's a good description but it sounds solid and heavy when you shut a door.

On the other hand when I shut the door on the 74 Duster it rattles like the window hardware is loose. Is there a product available that will tighten these doors up inside? Maybe a spray insulation that I could coat the inside of the door panel with?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: Duster Door Rattle Cure? - 08/23/08 04:19 PM

Sounds like you need to adjust (or replace) the felt covered door glass guides at the top of the door.

Re: Duster Door Rattle Cure? - 08/23/08 05:20 PM

Ok I'll check those. If they are warn will it be noisier closing the door when the window is up or when it is down? Thanks.
Posted By: MY340

Re: Duster Door Rattle Cure? - 08/23/08 06:26 PM

My passenger side rattles only when window is down.
Posted By: 71blueduster

Re: Duster Door Rattle Cure? - 08/23/08 06:29 PM

I know the seals on the top of the doors on my Duster are worn out and need replaced. When the windows are all the way down, they rattle if I'm driving and when I close the door. It they are rolled up about an inch, then they don't rattle.

Re: Duster Door Rattle Cure? - 08/24/08 02:55 PM

I don't notice the rattle so much when I am driving. Its more when I close the door and things seem loose in there.
Posted By: dustpan man

Re: Duster Door Rattle Cure? - 08/24/08 03:57 PM

if there worn replace them or it well scrach the window i did that
Posted By: noplanb

Re: Duster Door Rattle Cure? - 08/24/08 03:57 PM

Folks bought a 71 Demon new back in the day, passenger door rattled something terrible and window was floppy rolled up. We took the door apart and found the rear guide and all the hardware lying at the bottom, guess the line rolled pretty fast back then.

If your Duster is like my Cuda, there's a bracket (part of the door frame) up front with a captive nut. That nut rattled when I closed the door, even after the door was gutted and the screw was torqued down. Car's at the body shop, haven't figured out what to do about it yet. Might be worth a look.
© 2024 Moparts Forums