Moparts

Aftermarket shifter with stock console?

Posted By: 69B3GT

Aftermarket shifter with stock console? - 09/08/10 08:31 AM

Ive been thinking about keeping my console in the dart, but id like to go with a different shifter. Anyone got ideas or pictures of an aftermarket shifter in the stock consoles? Thanks
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Aftermarket shifter with stock console? - 09/08/10 03:15 PM

Hurst Promatic in my 69 Super Bee.

Attached picture 6184406-shifter002.jpg
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Aftermarket shifter with stock console? - 09/08/10 03:18 PM

It can be done but why? I like the mechanical linkage over the cable. Is yours working correctly?
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: Aftermarket shifter with stock console? - 09/08/10 09:59 PM

Quote:

It can be done but why? I like the mechanical linkage over the cable. Is yours working correctly?

It works just fine, I was just curious if it could be done and how it would turn out, still kind of up in the air on which to go with
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Aftermarket shifter with stock console? - 09/09/10 02:39 AM

Quote:

I'm running a reverse manual VB so the Hurst shifter was the logical choice for me.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Aftermarket shifter with stock console? - 09/09/10 01:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm running a reverse manual VB so the Hurst shifter was the logical choice for me.

and it looks good.
Posted By: A70Runner

Re: Aftermarket shifter with stock console? - 09/15/10 01:58 AM

Did you have to cut the console top for the throw? I would love to see more pictures of this because I would love to do this to my RR. Is the shifter easy to operate if you are belted tightly to the seat?

Before people tell me the linkage is better my car was a 4-Speed with console car. But I put in a auto for racing and currently have a Winters shifter in the car but without the console.
© 2024 Moparts Forums