Moparts

Which is the lightest C body?

Posted By: TonyS451

Which is the lightest C body? - 09/02/10 10:21 PM

I know none of them are lightweights, but I'm curious to know which one is lightest. Anyone?
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/02/10 10:53 PM

would not have guessed, and still think it is a typo.
3280 fro the 71 6p polara station wagon.

Runner up is the 65 fury at 3425 for 2d sd fury 1.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/02/10 11:53 PM

Can't tell ya' which is lightest, but, look at the base models if you want light. I had a '71 Chrysler Newport Royal that weighed around 3800lbs. Car was factory small block, PS, PB, AC and nothing else. A fully loaded '77 NY'er I had showed 5300 on its registration papers.
Posted By: GregCon

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/03/10 12:12 AM

65-66Fury.

They are not light but probably on par with a loaded Hemi 71 Charger.
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/03/10 12:24 PM

the 65 and 66 are the smallest of the C-bodies they are only a couple of inches longer than a 68-70 road-runner,

Mine weighs in at 4100 and it has everything except a/c. plus a rollbar and a dana
Posted By: GregCon

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/03/10 12:38 PM

Last week my wife made me go to church when I had planned to worship in private in my garage. I was about to doze off when the preacher said something that really struck home. I even raised my hand and asked him to repeat it to make sure I had not heard him wrong. I hadn't.

I always knew C bodies were great cars, but imagine my satisfaction when I learned that even God knew it. As the preacher spoke of Adam and Eve, he said it loud and clear -

...and He drove them from the garden in His Fury!
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/03/10 05:26 PM

Quote:

65-66Fury.

Quote:

the 65 and 66 are the smallest of the C-bodies they are only a couple of inches longer than a 68-70 road-runner

Ditto.
Fury I 2 door post.

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/03/10 08:50 PM

Quote:

65-66Fury.

But not worth its weight in gold like the hemi charger!

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/03/10 11:07 PM

Quote:

But not worth its weight in gold like the hemi charger!

Thus making them a way more fun car to have.

OH MY GAWD I HAVE TO DRIVE 3.2 MILES TO MY OMCE A WEEK CAR SHOW AND THERE'S A 5% CHANCE OF RAIN!!

I drove the Fury 7 days a week...
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/03/10 11:26 PM

I'd say that Plymouth fury they removed from the ground a year or so back. Most of the metal was dissolved in the water.
Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/04/10 12:54 AM

65-66-67 C-body 2 door sedan slant 6 3 speed on tree with a bench seat,no carpet,rubber mat,radio delete.ms, Monaco,Polara,Fury.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/04/10 01:21 AM

Quote:

Runner up is the 65 fury at 3425 for 2d sd fury 1.

this wasn't a guess. the american cars catalog shows the shipping weights.
the 71 station wagon IS the lightest.
Posted By: 440newport

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/04/10 01:37 AM

Quote:

That has to be a mistake, maybe 3820. There's no way a 71 wagon is going to be lighter than the 65-68 cars.
Posted By: dulcich

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/04/10 05:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That has to be a mistake, maybe 3820. There's no way a 71 wagon is going to be lighter than the 65-68 cars.

I don't know about the rubber floor mats actually being a weight savings - that stuff weights a ton. I think that is one of those old myths.
-dulcich
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/04/10 01:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know about the rubber floor mats actually being a weight savings - that stuff weights a ton. I think that is one of those old myths.
-dulcich

Steve.

When i worked at the hotrod supply, we did a ton ov Mopar resto parts, and i weighed EVERYTHING. I used to get in [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] for it.

I found the rubber flooring was definitely lighter than the carpet WITH THE UNDERLAY (so as installed). But take out that fuzz/asbestos/whatever it is attached to the underside ov the carpet and its lighter than the rubber. So yeah, the rubber flooring was a weight savings. Forget how much it came out to... at least 5-15lbs difference on an E-body. Thats a neat stock look/sleeper trick... scrape the fluffy off the bottom ov the carpet and re-install it. Fits a bit loose, but done right few will notice. Did that in my 71 Fury and no one ever noticed.

And there is just no way a 71 C-wagon is the lightest. Those shipping weights are voodoo at best (nor would it be the first official shipping weights typo...). I'd also bet on the early Fury I posts being lightest. I wanted a 69 Fury I post for that exact reason, i like the fuselage cars, but i'm sure the mid-60's version saved 100lbs or more.

And not sure if it was possible, but if you could find a Fury I that didn't come with the factory undercoat you'd be WAY ahead. Thats a killer on a C-body...
Posted By: gch

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/04/10 02:21 PM

All I can say is it is'nt a 70 Polara 4dr with a BB.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/04/10 04:54 PM

Quote:

Your right, it is a typo, and it's not 3820.
Should be 4280.
The '70 model is 4203, the '72 model is 4380, so '71 model weighing 4280 fits right between.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/04/10 05:15 PM

Quote:

Glad you got something from the Sunday sermon.

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/05/10 02:15 PM

And I suppose there is no fiberglass source for C bodies, right?? Some of those hoods have got to be close to 100 lbs!
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/05/10 02:50 PM

Quote:

And I suppose there is no fiberglass source for C bodies, right?? Some of those hoods have got to be close to 100 lbs!

Haha... get fabbin'!

I looked into that for my 71 Fury back when... Nothin'. You cant even find replacement metal for them yet...

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/05/10 04:52 PM

Quote:

Acid dip them and tell everyone it was a very rare factory light weight...
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/05/10 08:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Glad you got something from the Sunday sermon.

Yeah, but the diciples were into Hondas. The bible says they left the last supper "in one accord".

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 09/05/10 10:08 PM

Enough already. Lock'er up, Mod.
Posted By: president61

Re: Which is the lightest C body? - 10/18/10 10:38 PM

I thought I read somewhere that my 68 Fury I 2-door sedan with a slant six weighs around 3400lbs
© 2024 Moparts Forums