Moparts

Magnum swap

Posted By: racerx20

Magnum swap - 08/09/10 07:03 PM

I have been eyeballing the new 415 Magnum motor from Indy for my 69 Dart. This question has prob been answered before but couldn't find it via the search.

Can I use the water pump housing and all accessories/brackets off my 340? I would like to retain all of the 69 style stuff. I know the Magnum uses a counter-rotating water pump etc. Also I have heard that the LA valve covers will go onto a Magnum head anyone use them? Any issues with leaks?
Thanks
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Magnum swap - 08/09/10 07:43 PM

it should all swap on, but you will need to either buy the adpater to use the mechanical fuel pump or run an electric.

The catch to using LA stuff like pan's and valve covers is to use the LA gaskets not the mags.
Posted By: Wedgeman

Re: Magnum swap - 08/09/10 10:45 PM

Hi there Andrew !!

You are right about the front parts of the engine.

For myself, I'm using the Magnum valve covers gasket with LA covers, the offer a better seal and don't get crushed underbolt pressure, it makes them easily reusable too, many advantages..

Dan

Re: Magnum swap - 08/09/10 11:14 PM

Quote:

Hi there Andrew !!

You are right about the front parts of the engine.

For myself, I'm using the Magnum valve covers gasket with LA covers, the offer a better seal and don't get crushed underbolt pressure, it makes them easily reusable too, many advantages..

Dan

my mistake about the covers, but the pan is a fact. don't use the la pan and the magnum gasket.
you will need a new pan since the 340 and 360 pan's are not the same.

Re: Magnum swap - 08/10/10 01:26 AM

Is there a pass center sump pan for magnum engines ? what model ?

Dan
Posted By: racerx20

Re: Magnum swap - 08/10/10 02:19 AM

Thanks for the info guys!
Posted By: patrick

Re: Magnum swap - 08/10/10 01:08 PM

Quote:

Is there a pass center sump pan for magnum engines ? what model ?

Dan

a center sump pan for any 360.

use an LA timing cover and you can use LA fornt accessory drive. you may have to mod you alternator bracket slightly.

Re: Magnum swap - 08/10/10 01:56 PM

mopar still sells them new with pickup and dip stick for 110 ish. Seen them as low as 80 but that was a sale.

But yes any la 360 pan will bolt up.

Re: Magnum swap - 08/10/10 10:41 PM

Yes because I haven't seen magnum engine with center sump pans......

I got mine from indy cylinder heads at 89$ with the pump and strainer

Dan
© 2024 Moparts Forums