Moparts

'00 Chrysler Sebring turn signal issue

Posted By: kwhmopar1

'00 Chrysler Sebring turn signal issue - 08/02/10 07:17 PM

Hello, my brother-in-law has a 2000 Chrysler Sebring conv. He is having an issue where the turn signal only blinks a couple times then stops blinking. The lever does not move, just the lamps stop blinking. He was thinking the signal switch in the steering column. I have not looked at the car yet, though I am not sure what to look for. I know on some of the newer models, the turn signal is not like it used to be on the old cars with a simple flasher unit. I know on my '03 Ram, the indicator in the dash doesn't blink at the same frquency as the outside lamps, like they are 2 separate systems. If anyone has any insight I'd appreciate any advice on this problem. Thanks in advance, Kevin
Posted By: buildanother

Re: '00 Chrysler Sebring turn signal issue - 08/02/10 11:21 PM

I can only tell you my 2000 dakota was doing a similar thing and did need a new flasher. It was a separate piece, looked like a little hella type black square relay.

Re: '00 Chrysler Sebring turn signal issue - 08/03/10 10:31 AM

Thanks for the reply. I'll have him look into that. I did not realize they still had an actual flasher unit/relay.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: '00 Chrysler Sebring turn signal issue - 08/03/10 02:21 PM

Maybe the sebring does not. I don't know.
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: '00 Chrysler Sebring turn signal issue - 08/03/10 04:15 PM

The Flasher, (Combo flasher) is on the multifunction switch, remove the steering column covers and it sticks out the front of the switch slightly to the right...It will look like your typical Bosch ISO relay except twice the length.

Rick

Re: '00 Chrysler Sebring turn signal issue - 08/04/10 10:10 AM

Thanks for the reply.
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: '00 Chrysler Sebring turn signal issue - 08/04/10 02:50 PM

On a different note.....I strongly recommend that you get one from a dealer even if it costs more, I have had extremely poor luck with aftermarket ones and won`t even try them anymore.

Rick
© 2024 Moparts Forums