Moparts

Help with hood adjustment

Posted By: derekeh

Help with hood adjustment - 07/31/10 02:03 PM

I dont know if my hood hinges are worn out or if I need to adjust something. I have the hood lined up fine all the way around. Just when I go down the road the hood will raise up all around like a half inch. Does this just mean my hinges are worn out or what?
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Help with hood adjustment - 07/31/10 04:46 PM

Where is it raising up, in a back corner? Have you tried adjusting the hood and hinge a bit further downward?
Posted By: Neil

Re: Help with hood adjustment - 07/31/10 04:58 PM

If it's raising up in the rear then the hinges need replaced or rebuilt.
Posted By: derekeh

Re: Help with hood adjustment - 07/31/10 11:19 PM

its raising up in the rear both sides
Posted By: Dr V

Re: Help with hood adjustment - 08/01/10 01:29 PM

You need hinges. Next step is chipping paint on the edges. Ive done it twice. SMS is the place to go.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Help with hood adjustment - 08/01/10 02:31 PM

Before you go out buying hinges,...if just one side was lifting, maybe,...but if your like most guys, your just cranking the hood open all the way and trying to drop the hinges all the way down in the back on the adjustment bolts in an effort to lower the hood,....try the opposite first, open the hood, drop the front portion of the hinge down about halfway, tighten, let the hood's weight come down some to raise the rear adjustment slots upward, tighten, test, see if this heps, if it dose, then you are going in the right direction,...sounds crazy but you'd be surprised it works in many cases
© 2024 Moparts Forums