Moparts

Small bock kickdown linkage?

Posted By: way2fast

Small bock kickdown linkage? - 07/27/10 10:25 PM

Getting ready to install my rebuilt '90 318 LA w/ A518 trans into my 78 club cab. What kickdown linkage do I need? What years will work. I'm running a Edelbrock Performer RPM and a holley 4150.

I currently have no linkage so if anyone has a junker laying around let me know!!
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Small bock kickdown linkage? - 07/27/10 10:39 PM

I have a couple spare one piece rods from trucks

does the lever on the tranz have a studball clip on type?

seems the one off the 90 tbi truck I junked did,or I have a couple 85 rods and levers

I may have a cable one thats from a 94 van that might fit it also,maybe ablt to use a diff braket at the intake for it with ease

cover the ride and they are yours

not sure if a stock bracket and flat bar will work on the rpm intake and that cab

i use 2 flat bars bolted together when going to 4-v from 2-v to make the one piece longer so it adjust out correctly

lmk

Posted By: stumpy

Re: Small bock kickdown linkage? - 07/27/10 10:52 PM

I used a lokar kit and it works fine.
Posted By: way2fast

Re: Small bock kickdown linkage? - 07/27/10 11:52 PM

Quote:

I have a couple spare one piece rods from trucks

does the lever on the tranz have a studball clip on type?

seems the one off the 90 tbi truck I junked did,or I have a couple 85 rods and levers

I may have a cable one thats from a 94 van that might fit it also,maybe ablt to use a diff braket at the intake for it with ease

cover the ride and they are yours

not sure if a stock bracket and flat bar will work on the rpm intake and that cab

i use 2 flat bars bolted together when going to 4-v from 2-v to make the one piece longer so it adjust out correctly

lmk

I do have the piece that goes on the intake and the holes line up... but that's all I have.
the trans has the ball type bracket just above the shift rod. Let me know $$ how much $$ and I can Paypal ya!

Re: Small bock kickdown linkage? - 07/28/10 12:27 PM

PM sent
Posted By: Alikazam

Re: Small bock kickdown linkage? - 07/28/10 02:06 PM

Bouchillon or Lokar Cable Kickdown kit is how i'd go Good luck!

Re: Small bock kickdown linkage? - 07/31/10 04:11 AM

dug this out of the shed today for ya

Attached picture 6114071-kickdownlinkage.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums