Moparts

Above the door panels

Posted By: BENCHRACER

Above the door panels - 07/26/10 12:50 PM

I hope I explain my question well enuff.....
What is the finish (gloss or satin) of the paint on a car where the door panels do not come up to the top.
Posted By: lokalik

Re: Above the door panels - 07/26/10 12:55 PM

body color.
Posted By: BENCHRACER

Re: Above the door panels - 07/26/10 01:00 PM

Gloss, right?
Posted By: lokalik

Re: Above the door panels - 07/26/10 01:06 PM

yep. same paint as body color.
Posted By: a6t9vette

Re: Above the door panels - 07/26/10 07:49 PM

Not necessarly true. From what I have seen/read (including looking at survivors, 69 RRs) the paint color is related to the interior color, not exterior color. Example at Carlisle this year there was a 69 survivor that was teal, with tan interior, and the paint above the door panels was Tan.
Also not that is a bible or anything but the Charger, Road Runner & Super Bee restoration Guide lists Door and Quater color based on the Interior color code combo.....
Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: Above the door panels - 07/26/10 08:11 PM

Gloss and it is based on interior color. Type of paint was single stage enamel.
Posted By: broncobra

Re: Above the door panels - 07/26/10 08:58 PM

My 67 Coronet is Dark Green. The interior is black. The tops of the doors are black. (on the inside)Bottoms, also.
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: Above the door panels - 07/26/10 09:07 PM

Upper door color is related to interrior color. A red car with black interrior got black upper door paint not red. Some colors such as dark green with 2 tone green interrior got body color on door tops.
Posted By: mopowergtx

Re: Above the door panels - 07/26/10 09:20 PM

Quote:

I hope I explain my question well enuff.....
What is the finish (gloss or satin) of the paint on a car where the door panels do not come up to the top.

What car and what color? I might be able to give you the paint code for it in Dupont.
© 2024 Moparts Forums