Moparts

Crash Course on Roller Rocker adjustment

Posted By: mopar360

Crash Course on Roller Rocker adjustment - 07/18/10 12:45 PM

Alright so i have a 1979 Chrysler 300 with a 360 Magnum and it has Roller Rockers, how do you adjust them??
Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: Crash Course on Roller Rocker adjustment - 07/18/10 01:21 PM

More info, solid or hydraulic?
Posted By: mopar360

Re: Crash Course on Roller Rocker adjustment - 07/18/10 01:33 PM

Uhhhhhhh...How do i find this out?
Posted By: dynamite

Re: Crash Course on Roller Rocker adjustment - 07/18/10 01:37 PM

there is no adjustment on stock 360 lifters,,roller or flat tappet..NO adjustment..your 1979 should be roller ..no adjustment
Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: Crash Course on Roller Rocker adjustment - 07/19/10 12:24 AM

Quote:

Find a rocker with the valve closed, push towards the pushrod side, if it squeezes a little it's a hydraulic... You should be able to tell immediately when the motors running though. If it's a little tappy then it's probaby a solid.

I'm guessing it's a hydraulic....

Quote:

there is no adjustment on stock 360 lifters,,roller or flat tappet..NO adjustment..your 1979 should be roller ..no adjustment

Don't listen to this guy .
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Crash Course on Roller Rocker adjustment - 07/19/10 12:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Find a rocker with the valve closed, push towards the pushrod side, if it squeezes a little it's a hydraulic... You should be able to tell immediately when the motors running though. If it's a little tappy then it's probaby a solid.

I'm guessing it's a hydraulic....

Quote:

Don't listen to this guy .

I sm sure the the guy that you are referring to not to listen to is interpeting it that the OP thinks that roller lifters in a magnum engine mean the same as having roller rockers. I am not so sure that that isn't what he thinks myself seeing that he doesn't even know how to tell if he has a hydraulic or solid cam or how to tell the difference.I wander if he has had the valve cover off to see what he has for rockers. Whether they are even adjustable or standard rockers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums