Moparts

Aftermarket windshield gaskets

Posted By: W5Duster436

Aftermarket windshield gaskets - 08/16/08 12:29 AM

When you buy the aftermarket gaskets do you not get the round part that goes in them? My originals were shot and I remember pulling out a round piece that went all the way around the gasket. I got new ones today from legendary and it doesn't seem like they are the same or they didn't come with the round pieces.

What gives?
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Aftermarket windshield gaskets - 08/16/08 12:53 AM

the locking strip does not come with the gasket have to get it seperate I got mine from the dealer.

Re: Aftermarket windshield gaskets - 08/16/08 12:54 AM

Quote:

the locking strip does not come with the gasket have to get it seperate I got mine from the dealer.

That bites. I didn't know what it was called so that certainly helps. How long ago was it that you got it? It is just a commond item used across all cars?
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: Aftermarket windshield gaskets - 08/16/08 01:15 AM

i just bought a windshield gasket...i thought that was all i needed. do you have pics of the locking strip?

Re: Aftermarket windshield gaskets - 08/16/08 01:20 AM

it's just a round piece of rubber probably 1/4" in diameter that goes all the way around the gasket in the groove after the windshield is put in. Someone probably has a good picture of it.

Looks like this place has it. I wonder if most auto glass companies would carry it also?

http://166.82.96.3/homeframes.html
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Aftermarket windshield gaskets - 08/16/08 03:52 AM

Quote:

i just bought a windshield gasket...i thought that was all i needed. do you have pics of the locking strip?

If your doing a late 60's-70 B body the "locking strip" is part of the gasket,.....early A bodies use a separate locking strip,....as do dodge trucks

Attached picture 4622415-0000a.jpg
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: Aftermarket windshield gaskets - 08/16/08 04:26 AM

whew! thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums