Moparts

Which Master cylinder to use?

Posted By: None2Slow

Which Master cylinder to use? - 07/08/10 04:58 AM

I just purchased the Wilwood 9" brake kit from Summit (Couldn't pass it up as it was only $400 new). Now the question is, which master cylinder to use? I currently have the single pot m/c that needs replaced anyways. Looking for ideas from you smart people and any tips on hoses, prop valves and any other advice you may have.
Posted By: mopowertim

Re: Which Master cylinder to use? - 07/08/10 05:09 AM

My first guess would be the new style M/C that Rick Ereneburgh sells here on Moparts-he has the 4 to 2 bolt adapters as well. I think he also sells or reccomends the adjustable proportioning valve as well.

Re: Which Master cylinder to use? - 07/08/10 05:16 AM

I should add that Im using a Ford 8" rearend. Not sure if it has either 9" ar 10" drums. Just thought I would add this info.

Re: Which Master cylinder to use? - 07/09/10 04:55 AM

any other ideas?
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: Which Master cylinder to use? - 07/09/10 01:29 PM

I bought a master cylinder from Cass at DR Diff and and am quite pleased. You will meed new lines since the size at the cylinder is different. I have 73 Duster front disks.
Posted By: marklock

Re: Which Master cylinder to use? - 07/09/10 04:02 PM

Quote:

I bought a master cylinder from Cass at DR Diff and and am quite pleased. You will meed new lines since the size at the cylinder is different. I have 73 Duster front disks.

I agree give Dr. Diff a call, he can help you out. I picked up a M/C and other related parts and am nothing but pleased with the parts and prices.

Re: Which Master cylinder to use? - 07/09/10 11:19 PM

Thanks guys. Its been 7 or so years sice it ran and now I got most parts to get running. Figured I would upgrade the brakes while the engine is out. I'll try to get some "in progress: pics and post them.
Posted By: '64 Belvedere

Re: Which Master cylinder to use? - 07/10/10 12:50 AM

I am doing a similar switch on my '64 Belvedere and looked at Wilwood tandem M.C. I was also told that the 1" was for a stiffer pedal and 7/8" was for more of a street car. But they are alot of money. Now I am trying to find out if I can use a M.C. out of a '73 Dart or '79 Diplomat (same M.C.) a lot less money.
Posted By: 340duster340

Re: Which Master cylinder to use? - 07/10/10 03:44 AM

Quote:

My first guess would be the new style M/C that Rick Ereneburgh sells here on Moparts-he has the 4 to 2 bolt adapters as well. I think he also sells or reccomends the adjustable proportioning valve as well.

i have this if you need it ... PM me if interested.
© 2024 Moparts Forums