Moparts

V8 radiator on a slant six

Posted By: Dartslantsix

V8 radiator on a slant six - 08/14/08 09:37 PM

Anyone try to use a V8 radiator in a slant six car for more cooling? What hoses did you use?
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: V8 radiator on a slant six - 08/14/08 11:27 PM

Quote:

Anyone try to use a V8 radiator in a slant six car for more cooling? What hoses did you use?

Which make/model/year?

The lower radiator inlet location should be the same, but you'll need to use a flex hose on the upper or scrounge the parts store's selection.

FWIW, I did the opposite (360 w/slant HD cooling radiator) and could not find a molded hose that worked. I ended up using a 22" flex hose.
Posted By: dgc333

Re: V8 radiator on a slant six - 08/15/08 12:40 AM

Prior to the swap to the the 360 I was using a 72 22" heavy duty small block radiator with my \6. As i recall I used the slant 6 lower hose and stretched it to fit the over the lower fitting on the radiator. I bent a piece of coat hanger to the shape I needed for the upper hose and went to the local parts store and matched an upper hose up. I had to trim some off the one I selected but it fit with no issues.
Posted By: mopowergtx

Re: V8 radiator on a slant six - 08/16/08 01:38 PM

New 22" 2 core 318 radiator for that year car and I used a new molded hose for the 318 application on the top, the bottom hose was the same. Looks stock.

Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: V8 radiator on a slant six - 08/16/08 03:20 PM

Mopowergtx I have never seen a valve cover with breather cap, oil fill and pcv all on the same side.
Posted By: vynn3

Re: V8 radiator on a slant six - 08/17/08 04:46 PM

Quote:

Mopowergtx I have never seen a valve cover with breather cap, oil fill and pcv all on the same side.

The valve cover on my slant six in my '72 Swinger is that way...

vm
Posted By: JonC

Re: V8 radiator on a slant six - 08/17/08 08:03 PM

Quote:

If you only have one valve cover.
Posted By: hp383

Re: V8 radiator on a slant six - 08/18/08 12:39 AM

Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: V8 radiator on a slant six - 08/18/08 02:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

If you only have one valve cover.

man I missed that completely, that it was a /6. I am embarrassed
© 2024 Moparts Forums