Moparts

Help, My 2000 ram is stalling

Posted By: Curt57

Help, My 2000 ram is stalling - 07/04/10 10:56 PM

My truck started stalling with out notice. When going down the road at speed. The dash goes dead. And the odometer read NO BUSS. I thought it was the Automatic shutdown relay. By switching it with another. It would start and run till it decieds to stall again. Usually 5 to 10 miles. But somtimes 1 mile. Help! I really need my truck
Curt
Posted By: 1969RR

Re: Help, My 2000 ram is stalling - 07/05/10 12:46 AM

Hello, Really need some more info. Does it act like it is running out of gas or just instantlly quits? Does the dash guages do any thing strange? I've seen alternators make the dash guages fluctuate wildly and cause the veh to die. Seen this many times in my shop. Check the charging system. Loosing the dash could be a ground issue. Hope this helps some! Jeff
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: Help, My 2000 ram is stalling - 07/05/10 02:40 AM

what's your battery voltage? Weird stuff starts happening to electronics when the battery voltage drops too low (or bad ground).

Re: Help, My 2000 ram is stalling - 07/05/10 03:32 AM

All the gauges go flat. It acts just like some one shut the key off. Battery votage is where it belongs. THANKS Curt
Posted By: sreinheimer

Re: Help, My 2000 ram is stalling - 07/05/10 04:39 AM

I had an igntion switch go bad kind of like that before, try and see if you can get it to do it by wiggling the key a little bit and see if you can get it to act up.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Help, My 2000 ram is stalling - 07/05/10 01:43 PM

Have the battery tested also.Mopars do some strange stuff if the battery is going.Rocky

Re: Help, My 2000 ram is stalling - 07/05/10 06:22 PM

It doesn't seem to be battery or key switch related. What about sensors.Crank, cam, pcm, or ?. Some times it goes to the piont that I think its fixed. Next it goes a mile. THANKS for any help. Curt
Posted By: 1969RR

Re: Help, My 2000 ram is stalling - 07/05/10 06:56 PM

Curt, You're gonna have to get a flow chart and follow it. Don't guess and throw parts at it...too expensive. Could be as simple as a bad connector at any sensor, module etc...If you have access to a fax, I can download a chart and fax it to you. Take care, Jeff
Posted By: mod381

Re: Help, My 2000 ram is stalling - 07/05/10 07:09 PM

What no buss means is that the cluster is not able to communicate with pcm. What is probably happening is that a 5 or 8 volt sensor has a intermittant short and the pcm is shutting down to protect the circuit. If you had a scan tool I bet that everytime it restarts the starts since clear is 0 key starts due to pcm reseting. Crank sensor is most common for this but again it could be any 5 or 8 volt sensor. Have also put in a few 02 sensors for this issue.
© 2024 Moparts Forums