Moparts

Big block exhaust stud sealant/locktite ?

Posted By: JDMopar

Big block exhaust stud sealant/locktite ? - 06/27/10 05:15 PM

Whats the best sealant to use on exhaust studs in a BB head? I don't want them to leak, and also don't want them to back out next time I have to fool with the exhaust manifold. It's in a motorhome,and will probably crack this one sometime in the future, like it did the last one. I plan on using anti seize on the threads on the manifold end of the studs. Any tips and ideas appreciated.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Big block exhaust stud sealant/locktite ? - 06/27/10 05:22 PM

I prefer the liqiud teflon thread sealant goop. The incredibly messy white stuff that comes in the white tube. It WON'T leak. As far as making sure they don't back out I just cinch them in tight.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Big block exhaust stud sealant/locktite ? - 06/27/10 05:29 PM

I was planning on tightning the dog dooky out of them Now I just need to find an Ethiopian kid with little skinny hands and two elbows on one arm to be able to reach in there and do it!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Big block exhaust stud sealant/locktite ? - 06/27/10 05:37 PM

Quote:

I was planning on tightning the dog dooky out of them Now I just need to find an Ethiopian kid with little skinny hands and two elbows on one arm to be able to reach in there and do it!

www.find-a-local-contortionist.com

Posted By: Magnum

Re: Big block exhaust stud sealant/locktite ? - 06/28/10 02:54 AM

Double nut them to bottom out the shoulder into the cylinder head. High temp silicone for extra insurance.
© 2024 Moparts Forums