Moparts

Metro Molded Parts Door Seals

Posted By: BergmanAutoCraft

Metro Molded Parts Door Seals - 08/11/08 10:08 PM

Has anyone used Metro's door seals and roof rail seals lately, for A bodies? I purchased roof rail weatherstrip years ago and returned it...Is the quality today acceptable?

Re: Metro Molded Parts Door Seals - 08/12/08 01:39 AM

Posted By: Moonraker

Re: Metro Molded Parts Door Seals - 08/12/08 03:38 PM

I bought the same ones years ago and they were crap too. I used them however because it was all that was available for my car back then and the old ones were trashed. Have you tryed Steele or Soffseal?

Re: Metro Molded Parts Door Seals - 08/12/08 10:16 PM

I still have all orig stuff in nice shape, but I am always looking to make the car tighter feeling.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Metro Molded Parts Door Seals - 08/13/08 12:33 AM

The soft seal door and roof rail moulding "blow" big time......can't even close the doors after installing these rubber parts......everytime I do a car lately,....same thing buy MFG after MFG of rubber products hoping they fit,.......half the time, it's NOS,,,,if you can find it!......or nice clean originals

Attached picture 4615082-0000a.jpg
Posted By: RJS

Re: Metro Molded Parts Door Seals - 08/13/08 12:56 AM

I have the same problem with the SoftSeal stuff on my B-body now. Is there one manufacturer that is good out there???
Posted By: rftroy

Re: Metro Molded Parts Door Seals - 01/04/09 02:28 AM

Bumping in hopes of an answer.
I just installed SoffSeal weatherstrip in my 69 Barracuda convertible and it is garbage. If there is no better manufacturer, I will reuse the 40 year old seals.

Noone else making this stuff with any kind of quality? Looks like Metro has a mixed reputation on Moparts. Are they any better?

Bob
Posted By: rtscuda

Re: Metro Molded Parts Door Seals - 01/04/09 05:24 AM

Metro is a 50/50 shot in the dark?, depending on the car, and what seal your using?,I've had my share of good and bad from metro, as far as fit, another choice is Steele Rubber Products, but they are very limited in the 68-72 mopar offerings, but worth a try!
Posted By: 4BBodies

Re: Metro Molded Parts Door Seals - 01/04/09 12:55 PM

I have read that even when new they sucked........and new cars were parked and maybe sat for weeks or months before being sold. That gave the seals time to relax so they could adjust them. I haven't seen (or installed) 1 manufacturer that sells rubbers that don't fight you when new. Maybe some people get lucky, or there gaps are huge, who knows. So put them on, close the doors, and come back in a couple of weeks and THEN adjust them. I'm sure I will get backlash on this one, but I have seen it a hundred times!
© 2024 Moparts Forums