Moparts

Big block A body valve covers

Posted By: craigerlitz

Big block A body valve covers - 06/09/10 09:10 PM

Are there any painted versions of the chrome valve covers used on the Darts and Barracudas? I have seen a couple that look close to the chrome.

Thanks,
Craig
Posted By: ph23vo

Re: Big block A body valve covers - 06/09/10 10:39 PM

there is but IIRC they aren,t exactly the same look on ebay there,s lots of vaiety there dan

Re: Big block A body valve covers - 06/09/10 11:14 PM

That's one reason I asked. There is a set there that is currently $50. They look very close to the chrome ones, except the bottom one is missing a tab.

Attached picture 6028755-Ebaycovers.jpg

Re: Big block A body valve covers - 06/09/10 11:18 PM

Here is a set of the chrome ones.

Attached picture 6028762-Chromevalvecovers.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Big block A body valve covers - 06/10/10 03:44 AM

I have three sets of originals and there are two spark plug wire tabs on each cover. One has them on the side and the other has one on top and one on the side. I have two sets of 69's and one set of 68's.

Re: Big block A body valve covers - 06/10/10 04:03 PM

What are the differences between the 68's and 69's?

Thanks,
Craig
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Big block A body valve covers - 06/10/10 05:51 PM

Quote:

What are the differences between the 68's and 69's?

Thanks,
Craig

Both sets pictured in this thread are 68's , the chrome ones are actual 68 A body pieces , i'm 99.99% sure on that . The unpainted ones are 68 B body covers , C body and A body would have 2 more clips on the left cover for the #7 plug wire like the chrome one pictured .

There is an A body unpainted cover , it's 69 A body only used on the 440. I haven't seen an original cover up close to see if it's actually different than the run of the mill C body covers , but given the nature of the 440 A body and it's very limited production I'm guessing it's not.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Big block A body valve covers - 06/10/10 05:52 PM

Quote:

That's one reason I asked. There is a set there that is currently $50. They look very close to the chrome ones, except the bottom one is missing a tab.

I would avoid these like the plague , the donkey that sandblasted them also sandblasted down the breather hole .
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Big block A body valve covers - 06/10/10 10:10 PM

So what John? Every valve cover I put on a motor I slit the baffle with my plasma cutter and clean all the junk out. When I'm done I fold the baffle back together and tack weld it together again. This stuff is 40 years old it's filthy up there you gotta clean em out
© 2024 Moparts Forums