Moparts

fuel plumbing question

Posted By: 6superbee9

fuel plumbing question - 06/02/10 04:45 PM

Hi guys,

I just swapped fuel lines and sending unit from 5/16 to 3/8. The pump is for the 5/16 set up but is only a year old. Do you think I'll have any drivability problems? I am not looking for high performacne just a driver. I do not want to get a new pump if i don't have to.

Thanks!
Posted By: CHRGR69

Re: fuel plumbing question - 06/02/10 05:28 PM

Quote:

Hi guys,

I just swapped fuel lines and sending unit from 5/16 to 3/8. The pump is for the 5/16 set up but is only a year old. Do you think I'll have any drivability problems? I am not looking for high performacne just a driver. I do not want to get a new pump if i don't have to.

Thanks!

Same question!
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: fuel plumbing question - 06/02/10 07:51 PM

Quote:

I am not looking for high performacne just a driver.

A 5/16" pump w it's particular sized internal orifices will produce the same output no matter what size lines are used unless the input and output lines cannot handle what the pump is capable of drawing in and pushing out and a 5/16" pump is not going to restrict your stated useage. Short ans, you are good. I am assuming that your lines/sender needed replacing and you wanted 3/8" to handle the stroker that you are going to drop in sometime in the not too distant future EDIT if ever in doubt mount a psi gauge and if you have several psi AT THE CARB at the end of the strip (or street ) you have enough volume.
Posted By: 6superbee9

Re: fuel plumbing question - 06/02/10 08:42 PM

Thanks! Yes i did it to keep my options open
© 2024 Moparts Forums