Moparts

superquad any good?

Posted By: landon1

superquad any good? - 05/28/10 11:00 PM

have a chance to buy a 9801 electric choke non-egr chrysler superquad. i think this would be a good carb, since it says it will replace all previous models of carbs. just wanting to verify that my thinking is straight on this.

thanks
Posted By: MY340

Re: superquad any good? - 05/29/10 04:43 AM

Nice carb for a smallblock but they come jetted somewhat lean so you may have to tweak on it for a performance motor. If it's in good shape it's worth buying as the electric choke is a nice feature. Carter should have put electric chokes on all their TQ's.
Posted By: dmerc

Re: superquad any good? - 05/29/10 12:56 PM

Great carb once you get it dialed in. Might run good from the get go!

Re: superquad any good? - 05/29/10 04:11 PM

i went ahead and bought it...usually when i find a good tq for sale, i don't have the money - and i rarely see the superquads for sale. i'll probably take it apart and make sure everything is good with it, as i'll have to get a spread-bore intake, or adapter to mount it. i've heard stories of 440s getting 16-17 mpg, while the most i've ever gotten was 13 with my DP (still pretty good imo)
Posted By: redraptor

Re: superquad any good? - 05/30/10 10:24 AM

Never heard of it. Where do you get one?

Re: superquad any good? - 05/30/10 05:03 PM

it's a thermoquad that was released as an aftermarket carb to replace all previous carbs. 800 cfm, electric choke, earlier style design without all th emissions junk that later carbs had.
© 2024 Moparts Forums