Moparts

Need electrical help in Detroit area

Posted By: Anonymous

Need electrical help in Detroit area - 08/09/08 06:47 PM

Help...just finished my 70 hemi cuda for the dream cruise next week in detroit and have an electrical issue (think its a short in my charging system) that i just cant figure out. Any references in the detroit metro area? Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
rcola427@aol.com
Posted By: Fluffy

Re: Need electrical help in Detroit area - 08/09/08 06:59 PM

Which part of the Detroit area will you be in?

Re: Need electrical help in Detroit area - 08/10/08 01:16 AM

south lyon - about 15 min from ann arbor, but i can drive to where ever...
Posted By: Fluffy

Re: Need electrical help in Detroit area - 08/10/08 02:48 AM

I went to a small, small shop in Sterling Heights. It's just South of Hall Rd. on Van Dyke. I can't think of the name off hand, maybe Wile1 will chime in.

He recommended the shop and they found my electrical issue(which I couldn't find) within a couple hours.
Posted By: black64

Re: Need electrical help in Detroit area - 08/10/08 03:36 PM

Can you describe the electrical issue you have?

Re: Need electrical help in Detroit area - 08/11/08 01:10 AM

only charging at 11.7-12 volts - everything is new including the alternator, vr, ballast and battery - twice. Think its a short, but cant find it...
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Need electrical help in Detroit area - 08/11/08 02:32 AM

at a fast idle jump from large alt stud to alt field terminal for (2) seconds & see if the charge rate goes sky high.this is "full fielding" the alt to see if it's functioning. See if VR is grounded good. key on eng off see if both VR terminals read battery voltage(or close to it). Holler back.
Posted By: black64

Re: Need electrical help in Detroit area - 08/11/08 02:36 PM

Quote:

at a fast idle jump from large alt stud to alt field terminal for (2) seconds & see if the charge rate goes sky high.this is "full fielding" the alt to see if it's functioning. See if VR is grounded good. key on eng off see if both VR terminals read battery voltage(or close to it). Holler back.

Good test to run because you have no output from the alt. You are running off of the battery with reading of 11.7 - 12.0 volts.
Posted By: 64ssmax

Re: Need electrical help in Detroit area - 08/11/08 03:16 PM

Quote:

Help...just finished my 70 hemi cuda for the dream cruise next week in detroit and have an electrical issue (think its a short in my charging system) that i just cant figure out. Any references in the detroit metro area? Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
rcola427@aol.com

http://www.jakesautomotive.com/

call and ask for Gary!
© 2024 Moparts Forums