Moparts

K Frame Bolts "73" B Body

Posted By: rserio

K Frame Bolts "73" B Body - 05/12/10 02:36 PM

I've searched the vendors here but still couldn't find the (4) k frame bolts for my 73 road runner. Everything up to the 72 is out there but the 73 & up seems kind of scarce. Any help in locating these bolts is GREATLY appreciated. I want to support the vendors here to keep the site rockin'.

Thanks,
Ron
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: K Frame Bolts "73" B Body - 05/12/10 02:47 PM

I don't think anyone reproduces those bolts because they don't come out often enough to be the kind of thing you typically lose. If you want I can measure mine so you can replace it with a regular grade 8 bolt. I have the k frame out anyway.

Re: K Frame Bolts "73" B Body - 05/12/10 02:53 PM

Quote:

I don't think anyone reproduces those bolts because they don't come out often enough to be the kind of thing you typically lose. If you want I can measure mine so you can replace it with a regular grade 8 bolt. I have the k frame out anyway.

That would be great. Thanks for the reply. (73 & up get no love)
Posted By: dmerc

Re: K Frame Bolts "73" B Body - 05/12/10 03:01 PM

Quote:

Don't those bolts have a locating shoulder on them? Not sure a grade 8 bolt will work.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: K Frame Bolts "73" B Body - 05/12/10 03:45 PM

Don`t think they are being reproduced. I found a couple NOS bolts a while back but they are hard to find. The problem with any store bought bolt is the thread length is too short.
Posted By: YooperLon

Re: K Frame Bolts "73" B Body - 05/13/10 12:04 AM

What a small world. I have my k-frame out,too. The bolts in my 73 Sat measure 5/8" by 5" long measured from under the head. My bolts are not shouldered. And have 3 lines on the head of the bolt, indicating that they are Gr. 5. I used a wire wheel on a bench grinder to remove the caked on rust/dirt (took awhile). Now, I can thread on a nut using just my hands all the way up. Hope this helps.
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: K Frame Bolts "73" B Body - 05/13/10 12:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Don't those bolts have a locating shoulder on them? Not sure a grade 8 bolt will work.

I believe they have a special washer and a tapered self-tapping type end.
I should have at least one clean set of 4 available. If you can wait until the 23rd I can check then.
Posted By: challengersteve

Re: K Frame Bolts "73" B Body - 05/13/10 01:40 AM

Hello Ron, I have a set on a parts car in our salvage. I have sent you an email.
Thanks, Steve.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: K Frame Bolts "73" B Body - 05/14/10 02:44 AM

The bolts are'nt a standard style store-bought piece...There are plenty of the isolated k frame cars out there to find a good set...Cordoba, magnum, charger, etc... Every boneyard around here has it's choice of these cars...

Re: K Frame Bolts "73" B Body - 05/14/10 11:42 AM

Thanks for the replies. Steve @ musclecars hooked me up with a set.

Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums