Moparts

paint. napa/martin senour, any experience?

Posted By: dirt

paint. napa/martin senour, any experience? - 05/07/10 12:01 PM

i was wondering how the martin senour paint compared to the PPG paint i have been using?
any experience? mostly i im painting restored or custom cars that expect a good quality paint job.
I used their paint back in the early 90's and it has held up good . i was just wondering if it is still the same .
I can get it delivered here from napa so i thought of switching to it instead of the PPG i had been using.
Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: paint. napa/martin senour, any experience? - 05/07/10 12:09 PM

I have been painting for 20 years and I always use PPG, never once had a problem. I won't use anything else
Posted By: ToddP

Re: paint. napa/martin senour, any experience? - 05/07/10 12:41 PM

Martin Senour is made by Sherwin Williams.
Posted By: cutterman

Re: paint. napa/martin senour, any experience? - 05/07/10 09:12 PM

i worked at napa for 3 years, including mixing paint. martin senour is sherwin williams .alot of the ms packaging say sherwin williams automotive paint right on it. i painted my car with it and was really pleased with how it came out.
Posted By: 74fldart

Re: paint. napa/martin senour, any experience? - 05/07/10 09:52 PM

its been about 10 years since i used m.s. but i found it as good as ppg or rm . i had real good luck with it.
Posted By: 68shifter

Re: paint. napa/martin senour, any experience? - 05/08/10 12:17 AM

I have been using it for the last 6-7 years on semis and dump trucks. It covers quite well in many colors but in harsh conditions there isn't a ton of life to it. If waxed and washed, like a car typically is it holds up very well for the price. Just my
Posted By: Neil

Re: paint. napa/martin senour, any experience? - 05/08/10 12:36 AM

It doesn't last very long. Buy Dupont or PPG instead.
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: paint. napa/martin senour, any experience? - 05/09/10 02:11 PM

the guy that painted my car told me that he did a car for someone that had bought the paint (napa) already. he tried to talk the guy into buying ppg but the guy said "i already have this paint", so he went ahead and used it. he had more time involved(= money) getting it to buff out to his normal level then if the guy had bought the ppg paint. now he uses ppg or he asks you to find someone else to do you paint job for you
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: paint. napa/martin senour, any experience? - 05/09/10 04:35 PM

My old panther pink Road Runner was painted with MS single stage EuroGlow 20 years ago. The paint was not "cut and buffed". I see it at the Mopar Nationals every year and it still looks great.

Interestingly, the new owner is a painter who uses PPG. He recently asked me what paint I used because it held up so well.
© 2024 Moparts Forums