Moparts

70 RR Door Weatherstrips??????

Posted By: okie

70 RR Door Weatherstrips?????? - 05/05/10 08:32 PM

There is a short piece of weather stripping that goes on doors, about 2" long. It goes at the end of the regular weather stripping on the end of the door. Does any one sell these? I know you don't get them when you buy the kits. Thanks for any info. Ronnie
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: 70 RR Door Weatherstrips?????? - 05/05/10 10:50 PM

the only folks i have used for weather stripping,is dante and aznick,both members here,yet i didn't replace those pieces,i was able to clean and scrub up with simple green and 0000steel wool,hope this helps

Re: 70 RR Door Weatherstrips?????? - 05/05/10 10:53 PM

If I had some i would clean them up and use them. I had 2 sets of doors and didn't have one on any of them. I was looking at another car when I seen what I needed. If no one is making them they should Ronnie
Posted By: Dante

Re: 70 RR Door Weatherstrips?????? - 05/05/10 10:59 PM

Sounds like you are looking for the rubber strip that plugs onto the inner door at the end of the cat whiskers. They are available.

Re: 70 RR Door Weatherstrips?????? - 05/05/10 11:02 PM

I don't know what they are called but I do need some. They are about 2" long and go right at the end of the weather strips. What do i ask for when I call? Thanks Ronnie
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: 70 RR Door Weatherstrips?????? - 05/06/10 12:16 AM

If your talking about the end of wiskers along the window edge then Dante has them. If your looking for the small ones that go at end of door weaterstrip, the one that goes around the door then i know soft seal has those. Dante might have them to.
Posted By: Dante

Re: 70 RR Door Weatherstrips?????? - 05/06/10 10:46 AM

Quote:

I don't know what they are called but I do need some. They are about 2" long and go right at the end of the weather strips. What do i ask for when I call? Thanks Ronnie

You can call them weatherstrip end plugs and that would suffice
Posted By: 474218

Re: 70 RR Door Weatherstrips?????? - 05/06/10 12:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You can call them weatherstrip end plugs and that would suffice

They are called Window Weatherstripping Plugs.

Year One sells them.

This is what they look like installed.

Attached picture 5966953-001[].JPG
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 70 RR Door Weatherstrips?????? - 05/06/10 01:18 PM

ck your pm box

If you still need them let me know

Attached picture 5966984-DSC00504.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums