Moparts

70 Bee wiring harness HELP

Posted By: Hemiruss

70 Bee wiring harness HELP - 05/04/10 05:52 PM

I know all about extra post,but I'm just looking 4 as much info./help as I can.....
I was on the final screw install and bumped the headlight delay relay and poof the wiring starts to smoke.....I pull the wires off ASAP and burned the %&^%^#$@ on my fingers.NOW WHAT DO I DO !!!! remove the harness,replace the harness,remove the dash....This is a survivor car and I've been so careful with everything else I've done now this...I'm so mad and pissed off I can't see straight,or think straight..What would you do..Remove the cluster,or the harness and would you repair the wiring or replace it...The other thing that is a factor is I lost my job (Like so many of us here.) So that is my situation.
Thanks in advance for your help here......

Attached picture 5963633-100_1955.JPG
Posted By: 70Coronet500Vert

Re: 70 Bee wiring harness HELP - 05/04/10 05:59 PM

Since you have time on your hands (unfortunately) you can remove the harness and try & determine where two wires shorted or where one wire contacted ground. Short circuit can only be one of those two items.

I am assuming your under dash harness smoked and not the underhood?

Just carefully trace it back and look for the damage.
Posted By: Hemiruss

Re: 70 Bee wiring harness HELP - 05/04/10 11:50 PM

Yea I'm going to pull the cluster and check the damage.I was trying to get it ready for the show in Tampa,and the worse part is I did it by hitting the relay with my arm.....It just makes me so mad......BUT you got to love it or sell it..

Attached picture 5964219-100_1955.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums